Chapter 20 - Distracted

KARL POV

"YOU READY YET PURPLE!!" I yell up the stairs to him. He's been in the bathroom for like ten minutes.

"ONE SECOND!" he yells in reaction.

"OK! I'LL BE IN THE CAR!!" I exclaim then walk towards the kitchen. I grab my keys and a monster from the fridge and head to the door. When I open it, the cold air makes me realize that my sweatpants and t-shirt are not warm enough. I close the front door and walk to the closet to grab a coat. When I slide it open, on the floor is a blue oversized sweatshirt. It was Y/N's they had worn the other night when we went to get drinks.

That night was such a blur for me but all I remember is kissing them and they regected me. Now I feel so fucking stupid looking back. I was drunk as fuck and I was stupid. I wish that night never happened. I was still stood infront of the closet when Purple comes down.

"Hey, you good?" he asks me. He knocks me out of my thoughts and I remember what I was doing and grab my coat off the hanger.

"Yea just grabbing a coat. You got everything ready?"

"Yea, I put my suitcase in the car already and I've got my back pack. So, let's go!" I nod and the car ride was basically silent. He would try and strike up conversation and I just wasn't in the mood. My thoughts were just much overshadowed by the events of last night. Should I call them? But their probably doing something right now and don't want to talk to me. Maybe text? Maybe invite them to play a game or something with Piso? FUCK!!

"Karl, can I ask you something?" Purpled says.

"Oh yea of course." I say trying to mask my thoughts.

"Are you and Y/n like, together or something? Or are you guys just talking?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Promise not to tell anyone."

"Ok I promise."

"I kinda have a crush on them." Those were not the words I was expecting to hear out of his mouth. Fuck does Y/n like Purple. If Purpled ever asks them out would they say yes. Would I be erased from their life. Did they ever even like me. Do they like Purpled. "Karl? Hello?" I suddenly realize I've just been sitting their in silence.

"Oh that's cool I guess." No other words were said the rest of the car ride. When we get to the airport I hug Purpled goodbye and drive home.

When I get home I go onto my phone and hovered my finger over the call button for Y/n's contact. I decide to maybe text them. I write out:
Hey, can we maybe talk about the other night?

I have my thumb over the send button then turn my phone off and lay down on the couch just thinking. My phone starts buzzing but I ignore it and end up falling asleep. When I wake back up, it's to my phone buzzing again and I decide to look at it.

4 missed calls from Gogy

Gogy - 10 ago
Are you still asleep?
Pick up
HELLO?!

I facetime him and see my tired face through the screen and groan. He picks up almost immediately.

"KARL WHAT WERE YOU DOING?!?" he yells.

"I was taking a nap you piece of shit." We both giggle then I sigh.

"Something up?"

"George, why must romance be so hard?"

"ROOOMAANCE!?!" he exclaims.

"Have I ever told you about Sunny."

"OOOOOHH the person Piso introduced you too."

"Yea, I fucked up and I'm afraid that they'll never talk to me again. I've wanted to call them or text them but I wimped out."

"What did you do?"

"I kinda kissed them when I was drunk and got mad at them when they said that they didn't want to kiss me unless I'm in the right mindset. Then they went to Piso's house for christmas and I'll probably never see them again."

"THEN CALL THEM YOU FUCKING DUMBASS! I'M HANGING UP AND IF YOU DON'T CALL THEM I'LL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED!" then he hangs up and I kind of chuckle a bit. Confidence was rejuvenated in me and I dial Y/n's number.

First ring... two rings... three... I started to believe they wouldn't pick up four... shit they aren't picking up five... "Karl?" I hear in my ear and then put it on speak and set it on the coffee table.

a/n-
CLIFFHANGER
Finally back to posting on here regularly
Your daily reminder to eat, drink water and do all the necesities for the best you
Good night day morning to y'all

Word Count: 761
Date Written: Mar 26th, 2023