Chapter 19 - Ignoring

Y/N POV

Me and Piso were sitting on the plane over to his place. There was a mix of saddness and exitment inside me. I mean, I'm excited to see his family and to meet Caiti in a couple of days. But, Karl hates me I'm pretty sure. He refused to talk to me last night and this morning. I non-purposly sigh a bit dramatically.

"Ok what's wrong? You've een all moppy and sad today. It'll be better to get it off your chest." He said turning to me.

"It's nothing really," I say turning towards the window.

"Y/n? C'mon,"

"I'm fine, really,"

"Sunny?" when he says that I turn my head swiftly. "Oh so it is about Karl. I'm all ears."

"Fine, we kissed."

"Really?!"

"Twice,"

"Then why are you sad?"

I explain to him how everything happened and as expected he was very empathetic.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. You two are extremely close, no you were inseperable. Things will even out in the end. Especially because of the fact you guys are like in love." I give him the eye at that last remark.

"We are not in love. We're just friends." I say obviously lying, don't know why I even tried.

"Sure, Mr. Iwanttotakethemoutforadrinktokissthem wouldn't agree with that now would he." I roll my eyes. We talking for the rest of the flight and I felt much much better. He has that way about him.

After the flight, Piso's parents picked us up at the airport. They welcomed me with open arms and his mom gave me lots of hugs.

"Oh, honey, you remind of a younger me. Much pretty though, I could never pull off that jacket." His mom showered me with complements. "Having you and Caiti in the house will be a blessing, so glad to finally meet the person that has had such a great influence on Coy. Just don't get him into any trouble and I'll think about you coming over again." We both laughed and then got into the car.

His dad was a bit more perserved like Piso is, guess that's where he gets it from. Unlike his mom, I'd never met him on any calls or facetime before so this is our first time meeting all together.

When we got to his house they showed me to the guest room. It was quite nice, it had two twin beds that were seperated by a nightstand with a little lamp on it. Piso displays his arms out dramatically.

"First comes first serve. Pick which ever you like," he says as I walk furthur into the room. I decide to sit on the bed on the right side because that's where the window was. He went and sat on the bed on the opposite side of the room.

"Hey Piso, can we do a raincheck on the stream? I think I need a break from the internet for a while," I ask. I've had a lot on my mind with all the Karl nonsense and stuff but I want to be able to focus on the two friends who are going to be right here.

"Of course. Are you sure you don't wanna talk about you and Karl?"

"It's just stupid and I'd like to think happy thoughts right now." They nod and then come to sit next to me. We sit there for a second in silence and then I just hug him. "I love you man. You're the best friend anyone could have." 

"We'll see how that opinion changes when Caiti gets here." I laugh.

"Shut the fuck up," I say releasing from the hug.

We all go out for dinner and then stay up after watching christmas movies with Piso's family. It was a great distraction from the upsetting things.

(a/n)
Hey y'all

Sorry for not updating this in a while, got a bit of writers block then got caught up in school and stuff and kinda forgot about this
But I'm back to trying to upload at least twice or three times a week
If you have any suggestions on how you think the story should go it would be very welcomed

Date Written: March 23rd, 2023
Word Count: 751