12- fake funerals

when i got back home, i saw my entire family sitting around a coffin. frank was laying i inside. "the fuck is going on here?" i asked.

"two guys are after dad for six grand", fiona said, shoving ice down franks suit.

"we have to fake his death to make them go away"  debbie added. what the fuck. this was so frank.

"come on, you guys need to look sad. fake cry" veronica told us. everyone stood up. then we all surrounded the coffin. we waited till the man arrived. debbie and i were good fake criers. it didn't take long until the door was opened.

two man came in. they walked up to the coffin. "sorry for your loss" one of the men said.

"it was a shock!" fiona fake cried. they looked at us.

"was it an accident?" one of them asked.

"suicide" lip said. debbie started to even cry more. damn she was hella good at this. suddenly one of the man stormed to frank and grabbed him by the suit.

"i know you're faking it! come on! open your eyes!" she shouted. he punched him into the face. debbie screamed.

"jesus rob!" the other man butted in. "look at him he's fucking dead!" he pulled him away from the coffin. we all stood there with a fake shook on our faces. " sorry he's under a lot of stress, i'm gonna check with the boss" the one said, pulling out a phone and calling someone.

"...yeah, there's nothing here worth taking. unless you want the little girl. she's 14, maybe 15" he said, looking at me. now we were all in serious shock. ian grabbed my arm tighter.

"she's a looker, a bit small for her age... how about frank? want anything for proof?" then he hung up and looked at us. "okay, he keep's his extremities."

"and you'll be doing?" lip asked.

"soon as he's in the ground."

well fuck.

"bosses order" he said. that was when a car alarm started outside. it was theirs. thank god carl. the two man ran outside.

"come on violet, we gotta keep them distracted" v said, grabbing my wrist. we both zipped down our jackets to show some more of our boobs. best way to keep man distracted. but still, it was kind of weird because i wasn't even 15 years old.

we went outside to them, acting flitrty. then we saw my siblings carrying the coffin outside. the fuck did they put in there instead of frank.

"nice hickeys" v suddenly said, when she looked at my chest. i zipped my jacket up again.

if only she know who gave them to me.

------

later that night we held a (fake) funeral party for frank in the alibi. the two man were sitting at the bar.

"frank gallagher, loving husband, devoted father" kev said. "truly respected and a cherished member of our community." me and ian secretly smirked at each other.

"to frank!" we all raised our glasses. then the two men got up and left the alibi room. thank god. as they went outside through the door, lip locked it up and frank came out of hiding.

"gonna take more than to turn out the lights of frank gallagher!" he cheered.

everyone started cheering and laughing. happy that our plan worked out.

about 1 hour later frank was standing on the mini stage.

"AND PEOPLE ASK ME THEY SAY FRANK.... WHYYYY DO YOU DRINK" he sang loudly.

"TO GET DRUNK!" everyone sang back.

"AND WHY DO YOU SMOKE?"

"TO GET HIGH!"

i danced a lot around before i went over to ian at the bar.

"hey ian! guess what i have got here!" i smiled.

he laughed. "what is it vi?"

i pulled up my shirt a bit and revealed the gun in my jeans. his jaw dropped.

"holy shit violet, how did you do that?" he asked.

"i have my ways" i smirked.

"what did you do?"

"that doesn't matter. what matters is that we have it now!"

he looked at me. "jesus violet..."

that was when we both jumped backwards, as we heard a loud crash. for fucks sake it was frank who fell against the tv and it fell down.

"fuck frank another tv!" kev snapped.

"i'm okay" frank grunted while getting up. i couldn't help and bust of laughing.