35- new champion

lip, mandy, ian, carl and i walked down the stairs to sign up for the robotic-contest. ian was carrying lip's robot under his arm.

"back fot yet another roundof ritual humiliation, gallagher?" the guy behind the desk asked.

"finally gonna win this time, goff." lip replied, leaning onto the desk.

"college entrants only today, it was on the webstie, or don't you have internet down at MLK charter?"

"afraid a teenager is gonna kick the shit out of your half-assed bucket of bolts?" i piped in. this guy goff was a real douchbag.

"ha ha! sorry princess, but your brothers engineering can't compete at the black bot championship trophy level."

"who'd you steal your designs from this time? was it carnegie mellon or MIT?" i asked smirking.

goff went silent and i handed lip a pencil, so he could register us.

"entry fee is 150, and we don't take food stamps." goff said as mandy threw the entry fee at him.

ian and carl grabbed the robot to carry it downstairs into the arena. mandy, lip and i followed them.

"let the battle begin!" the announcer yelled into the mic as we watched two other robots fight. everyone yelled and cheered. "scorpio 5 down!" the battle was done.

lip leaned over to me. "piece of cake." he said. i nodded.

--

"in this corner, the terror of northwestern u, rent-a-raptor!" the announcer announced and the crowed started cheering again. "and in this corner, representing the south side... frank!"

we all stood around lip, who hold the remote control. he wanted to make frank move forward but it was struggling. shit.

"ladies and gentlemen, let's get ready to rum-bot!"

goff glanced at us. i gave him a disgusted look. no offense but he looked like the grinch.

"let's battle!" the announcer yelled as the other robot trapped frank in one of his claws? i don'Tt know how the hands of a fucking robot are called.

"ooh! frank is in trouble early!"

"fry the fucker, come on." ian hissed at lip as he pressed basically every button on the controller making frank come lose.

"frank gets away!"

the other robot chased ours around the whole arena as goff laughed ans smiled. then his robot crashed ours. fuck.

"get out of there!" mandy yelled.

"what are you doing?" ian asked.

"lip, just fry that him, the fuck are you wating for!" i snapped as he made frank move backwards.

"frank is loose!" the announcer yelled into the mic as rent-a-raptor started chasing frank again. "rena-a-raptor!" the crowed cheered. looks like they were on goff's side.

"go, go, go!" ian yelled.

"wait, wait." lip replied. why the fuck he sounded so calm?

"frank is on the run!" announcer. "oh, looks like frank is down for the count."

"get out of the way!" mandy hissed lip.

"get out, go! go!" ian added.

"or just brun him." carl said.

"i got it." lip replied.

"rent-a-raptor coming for the kill." the announcer said.

if lip doesn't fry that thing now, we're dead. frank was in the corner as the raptor thing moved close to us.