50- drools and farts

the next morning i woke up because lip walked in. the sun was shining bright outside. weather too good for my mood. 

"vi." he said throwing something at me. "you gotta get up at some point." 

"i'm loosing my mind. like i can't stop thinking about the fucking wedding. where ian at?" i rubbed my eyes. 

"i dunno, but last time i'm gonna say it: do yourself a favor, stay as far away from that car wreck as humanly possible, okay? it's not worth it." he pulled off his shirt, looking for a new one. 

"for fucks sake, i'm trying to but i just can't. but you don't understand what being a love with a normal human means, i know that. all you love are sluts." i rolled my eyes. "yes, i am thinking about karen saying that. i'm glad someone fucked her up." 

for the record: some probably drunk car driver rolled her over with their car. now she's been in the hospital for almost a week. thank god. 

"go fuck yourself, violet." he said giving me a dirty look. 

"just saying." i shrugged and closed my eyes again. 

"can you help me set up this afternoon at the VFW?" mandy walked in, wrapped in a towel. 

"uh, no, you know what? i promised i'd go to sheila's. karen's getting home tonight. gotta help settin' up." 

"waste of fucking time, lip." 

he gave me the finger. 

"but you know what mandy, i'll help." i stood up. 

"you sure?" she asked, smling. 

"yup." i answered.

"hey, wait, vioelt, aren't ya sick?" lip asked, looking at me. oh i forgot to say that i've been acting sick for a week and fiona still buying it so i don't have to go to school. 

"well, guess i recovered to help my best friend." i said, heading into the bathroom. 

--------

i took a deep breath before throwing my smoke away to head into the building in front of me. it was the place where mickey is gonna marry the russian whore. 

i walked up the little stairs to take the backdoor. 

the first thing that caught my attention was the huge "mickey+svetlana 4ever" poster, hanging over the curtains. it was so ugly, looking like someone bought it from dollar tree. some people walked around setting things up when i saw mandy. she put up the chairs. 

"you made it!" she smiled. 

i smiled back, walking towards her. 

"chairs are over here and watch out for splinters." she explained, taking one. i put off my jacket and went to grab a chair as well. 

"you know, lip's still up karen's ass. it's getting old." she complained. 

"yup. she really sucks." i went silent for a second. "so svetlana, is she like, uh..?" 

"she's quiet. and skinny. which is weird cause he usually bangs fat chicks." she shrugged. 

should i feel offended? 

"i do his laundry, i apply to colleges for him, and what the hell does karen do? drools and farts. i mean, come on." she kept going. 

"you think he loves her?" 

"she's brain-dead." 

"i mean mickey." 

"i dunno. tons of guys get chicks knocked-up and don't get hitched, so... dad's super excited. planned the whole thing. invited his buds from the gun club. it's kind of sweet." mandy smiled as i started fighting against the tears, starting to form in my eyes.