42- group ,,home"

i jumped out of the van after iggy stopped in front of my house. i opened the back door of the truck, to help mickey out. he was still in serious pain so hisy cousin and i carried him inside. iggy drove the truck off as i opened the gate with my foot.

"fuck!" mickey yelled.

"what!" i yelled back. i was kind of, uh, chaotic.

"are you kidding me?!" mick snapped as we let him down in front of the kitchen bar, on which he leaned his arms.

"stay there." i told him. the was when ned walked in in one of these blue doctor coats. "hi." i waved at him.

"just one fucking old lady, huh!?" mick shouted as i grabbed a towel to press it against the wound. "OW!"

"mickey i'm helping you."

"yeah, good help after you brought me into this, thanks a lot, gallagher."

"i didn't fucking know she was gonna shoot you, alright!"

"well, if it isn't the toughest badass guy from this side of the chicago river." ned put on gloves and walked over to mickey. i stepped back.

"fuck off." mick held up his middle finger into neds face and i giggled.

--

the next thing i remember is us getting mickey onto the counter and ned started to take the bullet. the whole scene was a total mess: mick was yelling in pain, some kids from day care were crying and there was a looooot of blood on the counter.

i watched mickey and i felt something like guilt. he had to go through a lot of pain right now. i thought of something i could do for him right now, but the only thing that came into my mind was offering mick to hold my hands. in my left hand i held a lamp, so i gave him my right one.

he grabbed my right hand and squeezed it. but not like a normal person would squeeze a hand, it felt like 10 people be squeezing my hand right now.

"almost there, mick." i croaked.

"OW! FUCK SHIT FUCK!" he shouted as ned pulled out the bullet. then mickey loosened his grip and i could feel my hand again. what a good feeling.

then the back door closed and u turned around. fiona.

"violet, what the fuck!"

oh shit, "i can explain this."

"who the hell are you?" she pointed at something in the living room. well she pointed at someone. a black-haired lady stood in our living room.

she straightened her shoulders. "i'm britney sturged from child protective service."

"she just walked in." carl shrugged. we were in serious shit. for a moment it seemed like it couldn't get worse but then the door swung open and debbie stormed in.

"YES!" she jumped around in the kitchen. "oh my god, i totally almost drowned a slut. she was kicking and scratching but i held my breath and hung on until she passed out. oh my god, guess what? you do not F with debbie gallagher!" she turned around to the child protect lady. "don't F with me!" she smile-yelled.

"debs..." fiona said. debbie fell silent and looked around. no one said a word exept a baby from day care still crying.

"this is not good." i mumbled, biting my lip.

----

not even half an hour after that my siblings and i followed the CPS lady down out front stairs.

jimmy's car stopped in front of us and he jumped out. "whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, what the hell is going on?"

"department of family services is taking us." debbie explained.