16- DNA tests

the next morning was fucking ass chaotic.

monica was so bad at being there for us, cooking breakfast and so on.

"monica, carl need you to sign his permission slip" lip said.

"he needs 10$ too" i added. i took my cup and sat down at the bar next to ian.

"for what?" bob asked.

"admissions fee"

"what? school doesn't pay for that?"

"no, bob" i said, rolling my eyes. god i hate her.

lip needed some money for a new calculus book, but bob wouldn't give him money for it. and her and monica forgot to me us some lunch in school.

"jesus" i sighted, got up and before i left, i turned around and said to monica: "oh and mom, next time you think about showing up, don't. you fucked up our lives enough already."

--------

in lunch break i was sitting next to mandy on a bench. it was fucking cold, but we were sharing a smoke to warm us up a bit. i couldn't stop talking about monica, bob and how much i hated them. but i felt bad for her, beacause she had to listen to my stuff about that fucking ass bitch, called mom.

"moms are douchsbags violet. they like to suck the life out of you and mess with your head." mandy said. god she was so right. i wanted to ask her about mickey but i was afraid that she'd notice someting. "anyways... how's mickey doing?" i asked.

"they still have him in jail over at county."

"did you visitid him?"

"ew! no! those dyke guar pat you down like amateur gynaecologists" she said. i giggled. then we saw lip walking over. he took the cigarette out of my hand and took a drag. "hey" i said.

"nice outfit mandy, what is that? pirate wench?" he asked her.

"you like?" she asked back, with a big smile on her face. jesus no. please don't tell me she's flirting with him. then lip turned to me "what do you have in third period vi?"

"health, why you askin'?"

"we need to miss some school. ian's coming too." he said.

---------

i was sitting in the back seat, lip and ian in the front. we were watching monica and bob getting into their truck. monica was holding liam in her arms.

"where'd you got this car?" ian suddenly asked lip.

"borrowed it form steve. i'm working with him a bit."

"doing what?" i asked, rasing my eybrows. he just smiled. "you better not let fiona know. she'll kill you" i chuckled.

"and steve" ian added laughing. lip looked back at me. "are u ok violet?"

"yeah, it's just weird having monica back" i said. it was ture, but no the full true. i thought a lot about mickey lately. he glared at me, like he could see through me. and that i was thinking about mickey. "nah there's something else" he said. it felt like they could read my mind.

"no. it's, it's just hard to explain."

"try me." lip said.

i looked down. "so, you know mickey and i were fucking lately, and the night monica came back, we were doing it in the backroom of the kash and grab's and kash caught us. then kash shot mickey but he would rather go to juvie than admitting that he fucked a fucking gallagher."

lip raised his eyebrows. "he gave it to you in the backroom?"

"ian does that all the time with kash!" i defended myself.

"it's different when it's you!" ian butted in.

"jesus it's not!" i yelled. "i'm just one year younger than you and mickey's 16 and not 40 like kash. also he's not married and has two kids!"

"okay okay" lip said. then monica drove the truck down the street.

"i think i'll visit him today" i said.

"are you nuts?! no!" ian snapped, as lip started our car and followed monica.

they drove to the DNA clinic. we watched them across the street, as they walked into the building. after about 20 minutes they came back. bob was looking angry as fuck and shouting something we couldn't understand. liam must be franks then. how the fuck was that even possible?

"they look unhappy" ian said.

"no shit" lip laughed. then lip had an idea and we went out the car, into the DNA clinic.

lip was standing in front of the counter, talking to the young lady behind it. i was standing between him and ian.

"the two woman that just left must not been happy with their news" lip said.

"oh yea, happens. had a guy last month hang himself from a pipe in the men's room" the lady said. jesus christ. "so can i help you?" she went on.

"yeah i think maybe you can."

---------

with the DNA tests we went upstairs into our room.

"y'all ready for this?" lip asked us as we opened the kits.

"hell yeah" i laughed.

"just because liam's franks doesn't mean all of us are" ian added.

"alright, it says here all we have to do is swab the inside of our cheeks and send it back in." lip explained.

"and pay them 150 bucks" ian added.

"on the off chance we're not frank's, totally worth it" i said, swapping the little stick thing in my mouth around.

i was seriously hoping not to be frank's. "it's acutally pretty cool, we could find out a lot about ourselfs in here, like if we got the alcoholic gene from frank" lip suddenly said.

"or the dummy gene from monica" i laughed.

"or if any of us turns out to be gay" ian said and we started to laugh.