Not Well

It was another perfect morning at T.O.T.S. Sunlight shone in through the windows and there was hardly a cloud in the sky.

Freddy woke up to the sound of his alarm clock ringing. He reached out to shut it off. "Another beautiful sunshiny morning!" he said as he sat up and stretched. "Right, Pip?"

Pip didn't answer. He was still asleep. Freddy walked over to his bed and shook him gently. "Come on buddy, wake up..."

After a while, Pip managed to wake up. He felt his head pound for some reason. It took a lot of energy to sit up in bed. "That's weird," he thought. "I've never felt this tired or dizzy before."

Freddy gestured to the door and rubbed his stomach. "Let's go eat breakfast at the cafeteria! I'm really craving some breakfast a la Freddy." And by breakfast a la Freddy, he meant cheese covered in cheese dipped in cheese with a side of MORE cheese. For him, one can never have too much cheese.

"Okay, okay," replied Pip. The moment he got out of bed, his legs suddenly went weak and he fell face first, making a small squeaking sound.

"You alright, Pip?" asked Freddy as he helped him up.

Pip nodded. "Yeah. Probably still a little sleepy."

As soon as they were at the cafeteria, Freddy started eating up his breakfast. Pip, on the other hand, barely touched his ice cube soup. He probably only took five spoons of his breakfast by the time Freddy was finished with his.

Freddy glanced at his friend's not-even-finished breakfast. "Are you sure you're okay, Pip?"

Pip stood up and stretched. "I guess I just don't have any appetite right now. Wanna go to the nursery right now and meet our delivery for today?"

Freddy raised an eyebrow. "Okay, but... are you gonna be okay during our delivery?"

Pip patted his best friend's shoulder. "Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

"If you say so..." said Freddy as the two walked to the nursery together.

💖💖💖

"Hi fellas!" chirped K.C as soon as she saw Pip and Freddy walk in. "Here to meet your delivery?"

"We sure are!" Freddy replied, beaming.

K.C gestured at four little cheetahs chasing one another in circles. "Meet Chaz, Charlotte, Cherry and Chip. They're the quadruplets you have to deliver today."

"Aww they're fla-dorable!" said Freddy. "They are four times the adorableness, aren't they Pip?"

Pip, who was rubbing his forehead as though squeezing out a headache, immediately stopped what he was doing and gave a weak smile. "Yeah, they sure are a bunch of cuties."

"Pip, are you alright?" asked K.C. "You seem a lot tired than usual."

"Not to mention you barely ate anything this morning," Freddy put in.

Pip sighed. "You guys, I'm fine! I'm just a little tired today. The feeling will probably wear off soon." At that moment the delivery bell rang. "Let's go bring these babies home!" said Pip as he belly slid out of the nursery.

Freddy and K.C exchanged worried glances. They both knew something wasn't right with Pip.

"I'm a little worried for him," said Freddy. "I mean, I'm SUPER worried about him."

K.C squeezed his wing tightly. "So am I. Just make sure nothing happens to him during the delivery, okay?"

Freddy nodded. "Okay." He walked out of the nursery and headed towards the runway, where Pip was already waiting for him at their station.