Early Rising

It was early morning before I woke up again. The sun was going to be rising shortly when I felt the presence of someone holding me. The events of last night came rolling back into my mind. I snuggled deeper into my Kib's embrace. Oh, how I've missed him so. He was all I had left.

"How did you sleep, my little Alu?" He kissed the top of my head. I furrowed my nose at the term 'little'. He just smiled and hid a laugh I knew was there.

"Perfectly well but don't expect me to be sleeping a lot after this..." I told him. He just stared at me confused. I just rolled my eyes. "I have work during day and night hours, Kibbe. Speaking of which I need to go to work," I barely am able to crawl out of his hold when the sun starts to rise higher. "Ah shit!" I exclaimed as I run mad through the house closing off all sunlight.

"Aluala, are you okay?" Kibbe asked from upstairs. Taking a deep breathe, I sigh in relief.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just forgot about the windows and the sunlight..." I trail off trying my best not to double over. It had been a long time since I had to move like that. Arms encircle my waist, I tense by the touch not knowing what to do.

"Alu... What's wrong?" his voice laced with pure concern. I lean back into him holding a breathe.

"Nothing... You just smell like human blood..." His body tensed behind mine.

"Oh... right... sorry... Is there a shower I could use?" He asked shyly. I poke out the door past my bedroom. As he started that way I grab him some towels. He was already in the shower once I reached the door. I just slid them over the door handle and knocked.

"Hey, Kibbe? Th-" The door opened before I could continue. He stood behind the door but I could still see the delightful sight of his well shaped abs. I moan inwardly at the thought of running my hands all over his body.

"Aluala?" I snapped out of my dirty thoughts. "What did you need?"

"Oh..." I blushed. "Sorry, um...there's some towels on the door handle for you." He smiled shyly at me

"Thanks..." An awkward silence passed over us. I glance at the floor. Damn no one had ever stumped me besides him. Given I haven't been around a lot of people but give me a break I just found my thought-was-dead best friend for crying out loud!

"I'm gonna go start breakfast..."

"Um... yeah... I'll go finish showering..." he blushed as he grabbed the towel. I caught sight of a huge wound on his chest. My eyes widened.

"Are you okay?" He stared at me confused until he glanced down to see his scar was showing.

"Oh... Yeah that was from a training incident..."

"Training incident? Like the one the Night Clan put the other children through?" I barely remembered my time in the Night Clan but I knew what happened once a child hit age eight.

"I'll explain and you can ask me all your questions once I'm done, okay?" Kibbe asked me. My cheeks were flaming as I nodded then finally walked back downstairs to the small kitchen. It was perfect size for two people, just how Mom and I wanted it. Mom... Of all people I really wished I could talk to her right now. Shaking my thoughts, I start on some sausage patties, eggs, and some barely cooked bacon, just how we loved it growing up. Grabbing the small bag of hospital blood from my work, I poured it into two glass then heated his before setting the table. I was too caught up in getting everything to notice the huge hottie standing at the corner watching my every move. Wait, did I really just say huge hottie? Oh hell, I really need my Mother here for this...

"Hey Aluala... Do you need some help?"

"Hm? Oh no I'm fine just not use to cooking for two that's all..." I smile shyly at him.

"Oh? What about your Mother? Where is Maria?" He asked gently. I froze to the spot I stood.

"She... She's... Um..." I sighed as the flash of her ashes in my hands. "She was killed... By a Night Clan member..." I whispered. A tear escaped, rolling down my cheek. I closed my eyes trying to conceal the pain of that night. A hand brushed the tear away, I glance up to see Kibbe before me. He said nothing but his eyes told much. I smile weakly when I smell something burning. I turn around wide-eyed to find burning eggs. "Ew! Gross! I'm sorry, Kib..." I throw the pan under water in the sink. He spun me around then cupping my face he looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry I asked about her. I didn't mean to bring you such pain, my little Alu," he kissed the top of my head. "Don't worry about the eggs, okay? You have done enough for me okay?" I nodded. He smiled at me then frowned. "Didn't you say you had to work today?" My eyes widened in horror.

"Shit! Yes! I need to go," I glance at the clock. Oh how Emmett was going to kill me for being late for the kids. I'm screwed! I grab my clothes and go upstairs to change. Once I was changed and had everything I needed for my work I down my glass of blood. It had a bitter taste to it since I was use to the normal animal raw meats or blood. "Help yourself to whatever!" I yelled as I threw my shoes on. "I'll be home about five!" With that I was out the door, in my car, and racing to the hospital. This was going to be a LONG day.