An oppurtunity

Alex:*sitting on a bench at the park*

Nick:*comes up to him* Hey Alex.

Alex: hey man! Hi Jacob! *waves at his son*

Jacob:*waves back*

Nick:*pats Jacob's head* hey you go play on the swings. I'll be with you in a couple of minutes.

Jacob: okie! *runs off*

Nick: heh. *sits next to Alex* I wanted to talk to you about something.

Alex:..... am I in trouble???

Nick: no you're not. Uhm, Annebelle is, unfortunately, moving next month. She got accepted into a school out of state and is no longer going to be working in the store with me and Hunter.

Alex: oh no. That's going to be difficult isn't it? Just the two of you?

Nick: yeah. But that's why I wanted to talk to you. Hunter has mentioned that you don't have a job but you want to help out more money wise. So if you'd like, Annebelle or Hunter could help you fill out an application for the store.

Alex: but wouldn't I need like a high school diploma or something? Like graduating high school is the bare minimum for jobs. I never finished school!

Nick:*sighs* don't tell anyone I told you this, but I never finished middle school. I dropped out in 7th grade. And now I'm the fucking manager of a store.

Alex:....... I dunno. What would I even be doing?

Nick: you're a social person right? You'd just be at the cash registers and helping people find certain things. Basically what Annebelle did.

Alex:.......

Nick: we really do need the help. And if that doesn't convince ya, you would have something to do instead of being home alone all day aaaaand you'd have money to buy your own things. Like I said, just think about it. If you decide to apply just ask Hunter for my number and message me about it.

Alex:*nods*

Nick: good. Now I gotta go make sure my son doesn't hurt himself. See ya kid