About to get into analysis mode

Today's discussion: Alex & his trauma

I've talked about Alex's trauma before. We all know that his parents were murdered & he found the bodies. In that same year the high school incident happened. His best friend whomst he's known since he was a toddler was killed & Hunter almost died. He hasn't gotten any closer or justice on either of those scenarios. Hell, they don't even know who killed his parents.

It's only been three years. He's still not over it. Alex probably has Survivor's Guilt. He fully believes that maybe if he went home sooner or he didn't stop that day of the incident, maybe everyone he cared about wouldn't be dead. He believes that he should have taken his parent's or Oscar's place. Maybe he should be the one buried 6 feet under. And the lack of closure just makes it worse.

The way he acts is his coping mechanism. If he acts carefree and immature then it'll take his mind off of it, right? He maybe be hurting but nobody would know that. He's all happy and bubbly. Clearly he's over it? Alex has cried himself to sleep more times than he cares to admit. He refuses to go back to church because it's a painful reminder. He hasn't danced in three years.

He's hurting and he's angry about it.