Ch.16 Rush Hour

.
.
.
Rubbing your fists over your eyes, you let out a yawn, the other side of the bed empty, actually you woke up late since you've been partially awake last night.

Walking into the closet to grab your bathrobe, you spotted a familiar file on the nightstand.

"Shoot! He forgot his file, it's needed in his meeting today!"

You blurted scanning the file placed before you, Jungkook worked all night on this one and today is the meeting it's needed in.

Your senses perked up as if you weren't all sleepy just few seconds ago. Running the hair brush through your locks bluntly, you as quickly as you can change into a decent pair of clothes.

Ramming out of the room, foots stammering against the floor as you dashed out of the house, grabbing your overcoat in the way.

"Ma'am wh-"

Yu-han spoke watching you hurry, only to get cut mid-sentence.

"Jungkook's office... Right now!"

The next moment your car darted out the huge gates of the mansion, as you looked over to you phone screen.

[9:23 AM]

Fuck! The meeting's at 9:30!

Throwing several curses at the other cars which invaded the way. You constantly bugged Yu-han peeking over the way, ranting about the speed.

You panted reaching the company-- as if ran all the way here, you rushed inside the company reception impatiently.

"Good morning Mrs. Jeon, extending warm welcome towards you~"

The receptionist greeted, smiling widely.

''T-The file-- Meeting-''

Your voice broke, only you knew how badly you stumbled upon the stairs coming here then running inside avoiding all the crowded opening.

"Call Jungkook, his file"

You sterned slightly, sliding the file towards him.

"Ma'am why don't you visit sir yourself, he'd be angry if we interrupt the meeting also he'd be happy seeing you. 8th floor, 3 rd conference room"

She suggested hesitantly, you nodded grasping the file before running again.

[9:31 AM]

.
.
.
Jungkook clasped his palm against his head in frustration, his eyes scanning the other people sitting around the table who had puzzled look on their faces.

"Why aren't we proceeding the meeting Mr. Jeon?"

One of them asked, to which Jungkook replied...

"Excuse me for a minute-" his hand reached out for his phone but halted when a hastle knock rang on the door.

"Come in!" He yelled, his frustration in the verge to burst out.

Your petite tiny figure peeked inside through the stretched distance between the door and the frame. Supporting yourself against it too as you balanced your breathes.

"Jungkook, the file"

You muttered lowly feeling uneasy with so many stares darted at you. Jungkook walked towards you, grabbing the file off your grip.

"Thanks"

He mumbled, leaning ahead before he leans back again, you were left hanging as he walked back to his place.

You were about to draw your body back but instead the door accidentally drifted open making you stumble inside.

The stares still maintained on your figure as you bowed twice smiling awkwardly before you turned your heels to leave.
.
.
.