Ch.22 His Precious

It was sort of awkward; he was shy...?

It wasn't you who was running away as expected but him. After the slightest of intimacy, he hopped around with pink coating his cheeks.

The wavering eye contacts he never managed to maintain not only affected you but launched butterflies in his stomach too.

Only he knew how much he just wanted to cradle your figure into his arms and engulf your warmth into his, sleeping soundly.

The guards stood in a line, watching him behave unusually. Smiling to himself between commands and constantly touching his lips.

Jungkook's lips tingled just thinking about it. Eyes almost tearing up for a reason unknown to him as well.

He sat in the drawing room, assuming he was alone. His face stuffed into one of the softest cushion as it muffled his screams.

"Are you okay?" He heard you ask, watching you loom behind the bookshelves.

"You never saw that." No matter how hard he tried, he could never use the tough tone with you.

"Sure... I'll jot it down in my diary."

"You wouldn't." Swiftly pulling you out of your hiding spot, he wraps you up. Smiling a gentle beam.

"What makes you think so--"

His lips caress your's, moulding perfectly. Arm around you waist and the other beside your head, resting on the shelf.

Your breath is suddenly caught up in your throat, heat flattering your cheeks at a rapid pace and heart racing out of the ribcage.

His hold was a gentle wrap, as if holding a fragile glass. You smiled against his lips, leaning all of you into him.

His aura around you transformed unbelievably. From the cold tough man who bosses around to a absolute furball.

Slowly, he pulls away. Holding you still. Grinning down at you, grimacing at the idea of letting you go. 

"I..." Your lips fall apart, but no words were enough to describe either him of his love. He was too good to be true.

"You...?"

"I fell; I fell for you."

You had to hold his torso as he almost collapsed. His heartbeat audible to even you, breathe halting alarmingly.

Jungkook thickly gulps, "Love, are you for real?" A lone tear glistens down his pale cheek. Nose burning crimson.

"No jokes-- arg--"

You yelp, clenching onto him when he lifts you up. Spining with your figure securely locked in his arms.

He'd never drop you. He knew it, you knew it. He'd never allow himself to. He trusted himself just enough to know he'd die but never hurt you.

You burst into chuckles, feeling tickles as he slowed. Never letting go of his grip on you for even a inch.

He fell backwards upon the soft mattress, making sure you don't hit any edges and only land on him. 

"Can we sleep like this?" He constantly pecked your forehead, nuzzling his nose into your hairs.

You softly hum, snuggling into his comforting aura. Small, incapable arms around him.

"Love...?"

Another soft hum resonances off your chest, eyes falling droopy as sleep clouded your exhausted mind.

Insane how you only felt at peace with him. Crazy how his radiating comfort could instantly put you to rest.

"You're so precious to me..."

•••

I'll change the book's name to:
"His Precious."

If you have objections, I apologise.
Lots of Love💞

It was surely short but it's for buildup.