02

Now

Katerina and the other were training. She was fighting 1vs1 with another girl when the head assassin came in the room. Everyone stopped and looked at her.

"Katerina Romanoff, you have a visitor" she said and left without another word. The girl raised her eyebrow.

The other girl tried to punch her when she wasn't looking but Katerina was quicker. She dodged her punched and lifted her leg, swinging her head, making her fall with a grunt.

She grabbed her towel and cleaned her sweat from her forehead before leaving the room like she didn't just won the other girl.

She walked to the visitor room only to be faced with a very familiar face.

"miss me?" She said
"mom good to see you. But wait, if you're here ..who is guarding hades?" She sarcastically replied sitting opposite her.

"Very funny dear." The handler said smiling, looking up and down at her. "You've grown"
"No shit" Katerina replied.

She knew the handler knew about the serum. She was the one who suggested it anyways.

"You look well. All things consider-" the handler tried to say but Katerina stopped her.
"Cut the bullshit. What do you want?"

"I need your help." The older woman finally said with a sigh. Katerina raised her eyebrow.
"With what?" She asked

"An assassin escaped and he is now on the loose trying to stop the apocalypse" she said.
"Okay.. just send another assassin to stop them" the girl replied normally leaning back to her chair.

"I'm afraid that's not possible. You see the boy is, how do I say it, very powerful. More than any of us in the commission" the handler explained
"So why did you come here?" Katerina asked

"He may be powerful but you're as powerful as him. You are The Red Widow." She said. Then it all clicked. Katerina smirked

"Holy shit. You need me!" She said. The handler nodded. "So?" She asked

"Say it" Katerina demanded
The handler was taken back "excuse me?"

"Say you need me. Say you were wrong for sending away" she said leaning closer to her mother. The handler closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"Fine. Katerina we need you to help us."
"And..?"
"And I was wrong"

The girls smirked in victory.

"Fine."

The next day Katerina returned to the commission. She stood outside the big building, her so called home. She took a deep breath and pushed the doors open.

She held her head high as everyone stared at her. Everyone knew who she is, what she is capable of.
She walked for another five minute until she reached her mothers office. She knocked on the door.

"Come in" her mothers voice sounded from inside. When she saw Katerina she clapped her hands enthusiastically. "Please sit"

Katerina did what she was told. She looked at the brown file in front of her. It was a thin file, with little information. She looked at her mother who nodded back at the file. Slowly she opened it.