14

The commission was never a home to Katerina. However she couldn't help but feel a little bit happy that she was there.

Katerina,Five and The handler were walking towards the commission.
"I must admit, Number Five," the handler said "in all the time that I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you."

Katerina who was standing next to five rolled her eyes. Her mother took notice of that. "We'll except you dear" she said referring to the girl. As they passed, everyone looked. It wasn't always you saw The handler, her daughter -who is known for being The Red Widow- and number Five -The best assassin in space time continuum- side by side.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but... they can't see the big picture." The handler continued to talk alone.She wrapper her hand around fives shoulder and pulled him into a quick side hug before letting him go. "Your spunk, your enterprising spirit, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if... I may be so vainglorious. If things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor, Five."

They finally enter the commission. The handler took off her jacket and gave it to a man who was waiting for her. He said his hello only to be ignored
"I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience. As well as this body replacement." Five said as he pulled Katerina closer to avoid her from being hit by the many people who walked in the stairs.

"Such chutzpah. It's refreshing, I'll admit." The handler said not noticing how close the teens are.
"Slow down, Five. All in good time. In fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world."

They continued to walk. The girl looked around, memories flashing her brain. The woman continued.
"The Commission works in support of a delicate balance between the time line of events and mankind's free will."
"Oh yeah" the girl muttered rolling her eyes.

"The briefcase is no longer part of your kit, Five. Free your mind. You're management now. One of us" the handler said as they passed the briefcase room. "All the people on this floor are case managers, each one responsible for one major event at a time" she pointed at a room.

The room was full of people silently working.
"Woah" the girl exclaimed looking at each person
"So many of them." Five agreed eyeing the room
"Impressive, isn't it? Being part of something... so grand" The handler awed. "Come along"

"Whenever someone chooses the wrong path and the time line is changed, the Commission gets a report from field agents on the ground.These field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manager." The handler explained as five listened closely. Katerina... not so much.

"They determine if anyone needs to be... removed from the equation to assure that their event happens as it should. Based on that determination, the case manager sends instructions via pneumatic tube to... temporal assassins like you formerly were, Number Five." She said as they stopped at the tube room seeing an old woman looking closely at some tubes.

"Any queries so far?"
"Yeah." Five said "Who was the case manager handling me?"
"Ah..You mean the apocalypse" the handler said as she caressed his cheek before giving it a gently pat.
"I think I vomited in my mouth" the girl said as her mother laughed.

"Come along I will show you." She said as they continued to walk. However as they were walking The handler stopped the girl. "Katerina dear, this is where we part ways."
The girl raised her eyebrows.
"You will be going back to training." She said
"Fine. But I go solo." Katerina said and her mother nodded.

The handler turned to leave when Five stopped Katerina. She raised her eyebrows at him and so did the handler.
"What? I can't say goodbye?" Five asked also raising his eyebrow. The woman laughed in return.
"Go ahead" she nodded