12

"Can you stop doing that without a warning" Katerina said annoyed as they blinked in the academy.
"Sorry"Five muttered before walking towards his room. "So I was thinking we could-" his words fade as they walked by klaus room. The girl tapped fives shoulder gaining his attention. She nodded towards the bathtub, faint blood was on the marble.

Five knocked at the door, alarming klaus that he is here. "You okay?" He asked him as he leaned against the doorframe.
"Hey.." klaus sighed "yes I just... long night" he begun to put a shirt.
"More than one, from the looks of it." Five slightly chuckled
"Yep" klaus said putting on completely the shirt

The teens looked at klaus.
"Nice dog tags" Katerina nodded as the man smiled in appreciation.
"Don't remember the dog tags." Five pointed out
"Yeah, they belonged to a friend." Klaus explained as they jingled

"How about that new tattoo?" Five leaned his head against the doorframe.
"You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said, it was a long night." Klaus waved five off

Five and Katerina locked eyes. They knew what happened. They could easily recognise the symptoms. Terrible headaches, trouble with sleeping, hearing voices, itching and God knows what else.

"You did it, didn't you?" Five looked back at klaus.
"What are you talking about?" Klaus sat on the bed.
"You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus." The boy entered the room.
"Symptoms of what?" Klaus asked

"Time travel" The girl simply replied as she walked next to five.
" The jet lag." Five started "Full body itch." Katerina continued. "Headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain." Five finished.

Klaus, who had his head on his hands the entire time, looked at them. He was on the verge of crying.
"You gonna tell me about it?" Five asked
"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead." Klaus said slowly.

"Oh shit." Katerina whispered feeling pity for the man. She knew he had been tortured, she knew Cha-Cha.
"And in return, you stole their briefcase." Five sighed as he looked away trying to calm down
"Yeah. I thought there was money in it or I could pawn it, you know, whatever." Klaus sighed. "And then I opened it."

Five was now pacing around. "And the next thing you knew, you were... where?" He asked impatient
"Or should we say when?" Katerina asked.
"What difference does it make?" Kalisz said staring at the carpet.
"What diff-" Five stopped taking a deep breath before continuing "Okay, how long were you gone?"
"Almost a year" the man admitted

"A year?" Katerina exclaimed quietly as both teens were shocked.
"Do you know what this means?" Five stoped pacing around and approached Klaus.
"Yeah, I'm ten months older now" the man joked painfully laughing.
"No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus. Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase." Five said

"Where is it now?" Katerina asked nervously looking  around.
"Gone. I destroyed it. Poof" Klaus said as his hands mimicked a small explosion.
"You did what?" Katerina raised her voice as klaus winced.
"What the hell were you thinking?" Five said as well.

"What do you care?" Klaus whined.
"What do I care? I needed it, you moron, so I could get back. I could start over" Five ranted as klaus stood up.
"Just..just" he said limping away.
"Where are you going?" Both teens questioned.
"Interrogation is over. Just... leave" Klaus said before leaving the teens behind.

Five huffed before grabbing a pen and paper from klaus cabinet. He looked at Katerina for help. She shrugged. "There is not enough space" she said as she walked to his room.

Five followed her. They found a chalk and start writing equations. Five on the wall and Katerina on the notebook at the desk. After a while five sighed making Katerina turned around.