06

"So what happened?" Vanya spoke.
"I survived on scraps, can food, cockroaches. Anything I could find.." he stopped a little laughing at the old memory "you know the rumor that Twinkles have an endless self-life?"

Both girls nodded "Well it's totally bullshit"
"Can't even imagine" Vanya said sarcastically to the 'fact' about candies.

The boy sigh before continuing. "You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it."

"We?" The girl asked, feeling a weird feeling in her stomach . The boy ignored her " Got anything stronger?"

Vanya nodded and the teens followed her to the kitchen. She poured five a drink and he -without hesitation- drank it. The girls look at each other before looking back at the boy who now understood what goes on in their minds.

"You think I'm crazy" he said after finishing his drink.
"No-no it's just.." Vanya tried to explain
"It's a lot to take in." Katerina helped her. "You can't exactly start a conversation saying that the world is ending and expect the others to believe you"

"Exactly what don't you understand?" The boy said squiring his eyes. Katerina shrugged leaving Vanya to do the talking.
"Why didn't you just time travel back?" She asked.

Katerinas eyes widen as she turned her head slowly to look at Vanya, wondering how stupid of a question is that. Five on the other hand scoffed, feeling somewhat offended.

"Gee, wish I'd thought for that." He said sarcastically. "Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and I never acorn-ed" he admitted.
"You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?" He said in a low voice, trying to control his anger.

Katerina didn't dare to speak, it wasn't her place. So she looked around waiting for them to bring something that might help her with her mission.

"If you grew old there,you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?" Vanya asked an idiotic question again. Five scoffed walking away.
"I told you already, I must have got the equations wrong." He said pouring another drink to his cup.

"Take it easy buddy" Katerina said walking towards him, lowering his cup. The boy scoffed.
"I mean dad used to say that time travel could mess up your mind.. Maybe that's what's happening-" Vanya tried to make sense but five cut her off.

"This was a mistake. You're too young, too naive to understand. And you" he pointed at Katerina "you probably think I'm crazy." She simply shook her head watching him taking his blazer leaving

"No Five Five wait" Vanya stoped him. He turned around facing her as she spoke "I haven't seen you in a long time, and I don't want to lose you again. That's all"

Five looked down, not knowing how to respond. Vanya continued " And you know what, it's getting late, and I have lessons early, and I need to sleep, and I'm sure you do, too." She grabbed the blanket and made a small place in the couch.

"We'll talk in the morning again. Okay? I promise. You and Katerina can rest here for a while" she said before leaving.

"Night" she closed the door
"Night" both teens replied to her

The girl sat down on the couch and five sat next to her. A comfortable silent was in the room. Five took the little cloth out of his pocket to reveal the eye. Katerina gagged at the sight and turned her head away.

"Why on earth do you have that" she said as five scoffed
"Oh please. I bet you have seen movies with much more worse things than that"
"Still" she looked back at him.

Five turned the eye and spot the address. "Come on, I'm taking you home" Katerinas eyes widen.
"No way. I'm coming with you" she insisted as they left the apartment.

"Hell no" He looked back at her as they went down the stairs.
"Na-Ah. I'm coming or else I will call the police and  sue you for kidnapping a minor." The girl said stopping on tracks.

Five turned around facing her completely. She raised her eyebrows at him. The boy sighed looking down.
"Fine. But if you die, it's not my fault"

Katerina smiled as she walked past him down the stairs. Behind her , Five was slightly smiling .
"Oh god" he muttered.

They exited the building and five grabbed her hand. He quickly blinked them to an elevator.

"Where are we?" Katerina asked looking around. Five ignored her pressing the button. The doors opened and they found themselves in a office. Five had the eye in his hand.

"Five. What is going on?" The girl asked as the boy turned around - facing her, placing the eye in his pocket.
"I'm going to learn whose this is" he simply said. Katerina rolled her eyes at his stupidity.
"Yeah it's not that easy-" she was cut off by a man who worked there ,who past by and saw them

"Uh, can I help you" he asked them. Five turned around and grabbed the eye once again.
"I need to know who this belongs to" he said approaching the doctor leaving katerina behind.

"Where did you get that?" The doctor asked confused , wanting to get the job done.
"Why do you care" Five copied his attitude.

Katerina shook her head before approaching both men. "We found it actually.. at a playground" she said. Five caught on and continued "yeah it must have.." he clicked his tongue "popped out" he smiled.

The doctor was starting to creep out as he smiled awkwardly at the teens. Katerina broke the silent. "We wanna return it to its rightful owner"

"Awh.. What a thoughtful young couple" the secretary who was eavesdropping to their conversation said smiling. Katerina cringed at the phrase 'thoughtful young couple'.
"Yeah look up the name for me,will ya" Five sarcastically smiled.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you-" the doctor explained but Five cut him off.
"Yeah I know what that means"

"But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful. So if I could just" he tried to take the eye but five placed it back at his pocket.
"Yeah , you're not touching this eye"

The doctor looked at him shocked. "Now, you listen here, young man-" he tried to talk but five cut him once again. This time he grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pushed him forward close to him. Katerina backed away from the scene.

"No you listen to asshole" the boy started finally having enough. "I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend. So just give me the information I need, and I'll be on my merry way. And if you call me "young man" one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall." He finished.

"Oh dear" The secretary said.
"Call security" the doctor whispered.
"Yeah" she replied as she picked up the phone calling for help.

"Five, let's go" Katerina said as five scoffed and let him go. Katerina left with Five following her. They exited the building.

"Well that went well" The girl said looking back at Five.
"No it didn't" he rolled his eyes. "But I have a plan B" he said and he blinked them at the academy.

A/n: HAPPY NEW YEAR🎉🎉🎉
ITS 2023