Thank Your Lucky Stars - WM

You were curled up next to the windowsill, your breath fogging up the glass just like every night. A dramatic sigh left your lips as you tried desperately to watch the night sky you so missed from home. Being in the big city wasn't all it was cracked up to be sometimes. Although being able to spend most of your down time with your beautiful girlfriend was certainly a perk.

"Detka, isn't it cold against the glass? Come to bed," Wanda cooed. You sighed a little dramatically but nonetheless went to snuggle your warm girlfriend. When your ice cold skin touched hers, she shrieked and the both of you laughed. She rubbed her hands against your outer thigh to warm you up and you were back to snuggling once more. Wanda's hand found its way to your back, gently scratching as she hummed quietly.

"What are you thinking about, detka?" She asked quietly.

"Nothing really, I'm okay," you responded softly, quickly falling asleep against Wanda's skin.

Wanda sighed in defeat, still not being able to figure out what was bothering you so much. The next morning she woke to an empty bed, frowning at your absence. She searched the suite but you were no where to be found. She decided to head out to the common area and see what she could find.

Natasha was in the kitchen waiting for her coffee to brew, making sure no one saw that she was the reason coffee grounds were in the sink against Tony's explicit request. "Nat?"

She whipped around at the soft call of her voice, coming across a worried looking Wanda. "Wanda? Everything okay?"

"No," she sighed. She explained what had been going on with you and how when she woke this morning that you were gone.

"Have you checked the entire compound?" Nat asked.

"Not physically. But I can't feel her close to me and that's what worries me," Wanda said, burying her face in her hands. Tears started to flow and she began to think of the worst.

"Hey hey, take some deep breaths with me, okay?" Natasha offered. Wanda nodded and with one of Natasha's hands on her shoulder, she was able to calm down. "Have you tried calling her parents?"

"She doesn't talk to them much..."

"Her sister?"

"No.." Wanda's phone buzzed as she replied, a message from Clint.

'She told me not to tell you, but she's with me and the kids in case you were worried. But she'll be home soon.'

Wanda let out a sigh of relief, but then felt sadness all over again. What could you tell the Bartons that you couldn't tell her? Your girlfriend?!

"What is it, Wands?" Natasha asked.

"She's with the Bartons. Clint said she'd be back soon," Wanda sighed.

"She's okay," Natasha cooed, rubbing Wanda's back and pulling her in for a tight side hug.

To say Wanda didn't sleep that night was an understatement. She had to keep herself from going to Clint's multiple times and so she decided to do what you had done the last few nights. Sit on the windowsill and look out at the city.

"I wish I could see the stars or the moon or something!" Wanda pondered aloud. Then it hit her. You'd certainly be able to see the night sky at Clint's. But she had a better idea and she couldn't wait until you decided to return home.

You still hadn't arrived back the following afternoon, worrying Wanda but giving her plenty of time to set up what she wanted. She moved the bed into the corner and set up a blanket with lots of pillows and a basket of your favorite snacks and drinks. Wanda sat anxiously checking her phone for the time and had asked FRIDAY to update her once you'd arrived.

But again, nightfall came and you were nowhere to be found. Wanda began to cry once more, missing you dearly and wishing you'd just talk to her. "Fuck it!" She said aloud, pulling on her long peacoat and rushing out the door. She didn't have permission to use a jet and Iowa was too far of a drive so she decided to fly. When she reached the Barton's farm, she saw you on a blanket looking up at the night sky, just where she thought you'd be.

"Wanda?" You asked softly, not expecting to see your girlfriend.

"Hi baby," Wanda replied shyly, knowing she was going to get Clint in trouble.

"How did you- Oh I'm going to kill him!!" You huffed, standing up from your spot.

"Baby please, it's my fault. Can we talk?" Wanda asked softly.

"Okay," you said, sitting back down and tucking your knees into your chest. You watched as Wanda laid down next to you, looking up at the sky herself.

"It sure is beautiful out here," Wanda said quietly.

"The night sky is my favorite," you said, nodding in agreement to Wanda's statement.

"Is that why you're here, detka?" She whispered, her hand reaching for yours as you joined her in laying down on the blanket.

"Yeah," you admitted, feeling bad about leaving with no note or notice at all. "I'm sorry, it was an impulse decision and I should've told you. I'm really sorry Wands."

"I was so worried about you. And when I couldn't feel you... well-" Wanda said, tearing up.

"Oh baby I'm so sorry! It'll never happen again, I promise," you said, taking her pinky and interlocking it with yours.

"Can we go home now? It's kind of cold out here," Wanda asked.

"Sure my love," you said, gesturing to the jet that you'd somehow gotten permission to use.

Wanda frowned knowing full well Tony doesn't let just anyone take the quinjets out. "He owed me," you responded with a shrug as if able to read her mind. Wanda smiled and the two of you headed home. Thankfully autopilot was easy to figure out and had coordinates pre-programmed for times like these.

The compound was quiet since it was late, the two of you entering carefully, as to not wake anyone. "Ms. Maximoff, Y/N has returned!" FRIDAY said, a little too loudly.

Wanda groaned at the AI system. "Thank you Friday, I am with her," she said. You chuckled at her response and grabbed her hand, walking to the elevator to get to your shared suite.

Upon entering the bedroom, you gasped. "Wanda... what is all this?"

"Well I had planned a surprise but then it was a whole day and a half later and you still hadn't come home and I was worried and- Nevermind, let me show you," she said smiling, her grin stretching across her face.

She took your hand in hers and the two of you laid down. Little bursts of red filled the room but then it was beautiful. Wanda projected tons of little stars onto the ceiling just for you. You could feel tears pricking at your eyes as you admired the view. "How did you know?" You asked, sniffling.

"Well when I missed you, I sat along the windowsill like you'd been doing, except there weren't any stars to look at and I had remembered you telling me once that it was your favorite thing to do as a little girl and so here we are," she admitted.

"Wanda this... this is perfect. I love it so much," you said, sitting up to look at her.

"Shhh just enjoy, detka," she cooed, pulling you back down again, this time your head on her chest.

"Thank you," you whispered.

"Of course, baby. I love you," Wanda said, the last thing before you drifted off to sleep, perfectly content with sleeping on the floor and under the stars.