What's Wrong? - KB

Kate and Lucky returned from their walk in the brisk winter air, Kate quietly trying to catch her breath from how cold it was outside. "I wonder when she'll be home, Lucky!" Kate said, speaking to the one eyed pup.

Ruff!

"Yeah, you're right. I should text her."

Kate pulled out her phone and sent you a quick text per Lucky's suggestion. Kate... he's a dog...

Kit Kat: Hey babe, can't wait to see you <3

You: Me too

Kit Kat: Should I order take out? Or have you eaten?

You: Whatever you want

Kate frowned at your replies, wondering why you were being so short with her. She decided to order two pizzas, one for you and one for herself and to share with Lucky. She grabbed some extra cozy blankets and tossed them on the couch, preparing for your arrival.

A knock at the door caused Kate to jump, forgetting for a moment that she ordered pizza. She set them on the coffee table and set the TV up for some binging, having just started season two of Stranger Things with you. She was excited for you to come home so the two of you could resume your late night show watching.

The door creaked open not long after and Kate watched as your tired figure slinked inside your shared apartment. Lucky jumped up to great you, but she knew it had to be a bad day based on how you weren't acting very excited to see him. A few quick head pats and Lucky sat down in front of you, cocking his head in confusion.

"Sorry buddy," you mumbled.

"Baby?" Kate called, the apartment dark except for the glow of the Netflix preview screen. "Babe? c'mere," she said softly.

"I think I'm just gonna go to bed Katie," you said softly.

"Wait, please?" Kate was sat up on the couch, arms open wide waiting for your embrace. Just her soft expression could've made you cry. You nodded and crossed the room towards her, standing in between her arms and she hugged you from her sitting position, her head buried against your tummy. You hugged her back delicately, your hand playing with her ever growing ponytail.

"What's wrong, baby?" She whispered.

"I'm not cut out for this Stark stuff, Kit Kat. I'm just not. Both Mrs. Potts and Agent Hill yelled at me today for dumb mistakes that were all my fault but could've cost them company thousands. I've been so distracted I don't know what's going on," you said, finally crying as Kate held you tight.

"Oh my love, I'm sure you fixed it and I know they couldn't do it without you. They wouldn't have hired you otherwise!" Kate said, pulling you down into the mountain of blankets next to her on the couch.

"I don't think that's entirely true. But thank you," you said, leaning your head on her shoulder. How could you tell her that you overheard your bosses speaking about how the only reason they keep you on is to "not upset the Bishop girl"?

Kate gave you a kiss to your forehead and pulled you close so the two of you could lay tangled together on the couch. "You ordered pizza?"

"Pepperoni," she said, beaming.

"You're too good for me, Kit Kat," you said, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"It's gonna be alright, love. You know that, right? Just take your time and don't let today get to you! Show them just how good you are!!" She said, encouragingly enough to convince you.

"What would I do without you, Katie?" You asked.

"Uh you clearly would be eating crappy pizza and definitely not have good cuddles, which to me sounds like a shit draw," she said, smiling.

"You're so full of yourself, Bishop," you chided, smiling like a goof at your way too sweet girlfriend.

"Hmm but you looveee me," she teased.

"That I do, baby. That I do."