Stir Fry - FP

"Okay.. this shouldn't be too hard," you said to yourself, observing all of the ingredients spread about the kitchen, various cutting boards askew and knives laid out next to them.

You took a deep inhale and your phone rang as you cursed, knowing you'd have to wash your hands again. You reached for the device and realized it was Flo, your lips pulling into a smile.

"Hey baby!"

"Hi darling! Listen, I'm running a little late and I know you wanted to make dinner-"

"Floss, it's okay! I've got everything under control. Might take me a bit longer than you anyway so running late just gives me more time," you said, smiling.

"You're a doll. I'll see you soon!!" She said, making a kissing noise and ending the call.

You set up the recipe on your phone and took a look around the kitchen as you washed your hands again. You had washed all of your vegetables and you were ready to cut them for the stir fry you were going to attempt to make.

"Okay. So first thing is to cut up all the veggies. Okay. I can do this," you sighed. You started with the carrot, as that was seemingly the easiest and most familiar. You peeled the carrot and chopped it per the recipe instructions. Next came the broccoli, easy enough to turn the head into florets with a small amount of mess.

"Okay.. now the garlic... it says to mince.." you take one look at the head of garlic and you were intimidated. How do you even get those suckers out of there? You decided that you were going to try and rip it open, but then realized while that freed a few, you had no idea how to peel the cloves. And boy did it smell strong. Your first attempt at peeling the small clove went horribly, nothing coming off and only garlic tainting the underside of your nails.

Keys rattled in the doorway and more time had gone by that you had thought. You quickly took a knife and tried to chop the clove and it went flying across the counter. You saved it from the floor just in time to also save it from Billie. You sighed, wiping your forehead on your arm as the door opened.

"Hi baby! It smells delicious in here!" Florence said as she hung up her coat and took off her shoes.

"Thanks," you said, defeatedly.

"What's wrong, darling?" She asked.

"Peeling garlic and chopping it and trying to make dinner before you got here is impossible!" You said exasperatedly.

"Oh sweetheart, it's alright! May I help you? We'll make dinner together," Flo said, beaming and rubbing your back.

"Yes please," you mumbled. She washed her hands and tugged on her half apron, grabbing the correct knife for chopping garlic. You blushed at your inexperience but you knew Flo would teach you.

"Can you get me a jar, sweetheart?" You looked at her kind of puzzled, but grabbed one nonetheless. You watched as she the put the cloves of garlic in the jar and closed the lid, shaking it vigorously.

"What does that do?"

"That, should loosen up the peels so we can have clean cloves of garlic!" Florence said, smiling wide as she pulled the cloves from the jar. "And watch this!"

She took the broad, flat side of the knife and smashed the clove of garlic beneath it, chopping it easily while your mouth hung agape. "Ugh you made that look so easy!!" You whined.

"Darling, Granzo taught me a lot of things. I can teach you too, love!" Flo said smiling. "C'mon, surely you can cut some chicken, yeah?"

"Of course," you scoffed. The two of you moved around the kitchen, occasionally bumping hips on purpose, both of you stealing kisses and giggling as the ingredients were prepped for the stir fry. Flo got the wok and the hot plate out, ready to cook on the island.

She pulled out the oil and poured some in with extra flare before throwing in the veggies. After a little, she threw in the sauce and the cooked chicken, tossing everything together with ease.

"What would i do without your skills, Flossie?" You asked.

"Not sure, darling. But you don't have to worry about that, okay?" She said, pinching your cheeks as she sautéed everything together. "Here, taste," she said, grabbing a clean spoon, blowing on everything for you before tipping the spoon into your mouth.

"YUM!" You said, chewing and swallowing the bite. The two of you fell over in more giggles and Billie began barking at your outburst.

"Oh come here sweet one!" The pup rushed over and nearly knocked Florence on her bum. "Someone wanted attention, huh?"

A bark was given in response and you laughed again. You'd never trade anything for nights like these. After dinner was finished and eaten, the three of you cuddled up on the couch. Florence's head was on your stomach, and Billie's head on hers as you scrolled through various streaming services to try and decide what you wanted to watch. "I love you," Florence mumbled, turning her head to press a kiss to your tummy.

"I love you too, Flossie. So much!"