Surprise! - FP

"Darling..?" Florence called into the bedroom. "I know today isn't your favorite but you'll come out for breakfast, right?"

You felt bad, knowing you didn't have that much time to spend with your wife today, but your body just didn't want to do it. She had to be somewhere for a shoot or something you recalled her saying. You heard mugs shuffling about the kitchen, knowing she was preparing food for you that you didn't even want.

You pulled the cover over your eyes and rolled over, facing away from the door of the bedroom. You hated this sinking feeling. The feeling of wanting to be swallowed whole but also wanting nothing but your wife to soothe you.

"Baby?" Florence called from the doorway softly. You heard her soft footsteps round the bed to see if you were sleeping but you had the covers pulled all the way up. "Sweetheart," you could hear her infamous Florence pout as she stood next to you. The bed dipped and her hand reached out to rub your back through the covers.

You relaxed into her touch and slowly lowered the covers from your face. "There's my beautiful wife!" She said softly, a thumb brushing across your cheek. "It's not supposed to be a long day darling. But I will need you to drive me back and forth if you don't mind?" She bit her lip and you sighed.

"Of course, Flossie," you said quietly. You groaned internally, knowing you had to put on real clothes and couldn't just stay in your pajamas. You put on a dirty pair of jeans and grabbed a hoodie that you imagined was also dirty but it's the best you could do. Your hair up in a bun as you grabbed your slides and your keys.

"C-can't you wear something cuter, love? What if we run into someone we know?" She asked, worried.

"Sorry I'm not good enough for you," you snapped, walking back into the bedroom, burying your face in your hands, feeling so much regret as you reflected on the last few moments with your wife. Florence knew you weren't upset with her. That when you had days like this that you just couldn't help it.

"Oh darling, you know that's not what I meant at all!" She cooed gently, her voice calming in your ear as tears began to roll down your cheeks. "I know it's hard, angel. Those nasty voices are totally wrong. May I help you?"

"It'll make you late, Floss," you said quietly, picking at your thumbnail.

"I don't care. They wait for me," she said with a smirk and some sass. You smiled a little at how cheeky she could be but it was one of the reasons you loved her infinitely.

"Okay then," you whispered. Flo smiled and rummaged thru your side of the closet, picking out a nice flannel and clean jeans as well as clean undergarments. "May I?" She asked, reaching for the bottom of your hoodie. You nodded while keeping eye contact.

"Arms up," she said softly, pulling your hoodie over your head. You felt a little exposed suddenly due to not wearing a bra underneath but you watched as your wife ogled your breasts with so much love.

"Earth to Flossie," you said, finally cracking a smile.

"Sorry baby, you're so beautiful," she hummed. She leaned forward and kissed your shoulder before kneeling before you and pulling you from your jeans and your underwear. You felt a bit exposed and nervous, despite the fact that you'd been with your wife for years now. Florence leaned forward again, pressing a kiss to your stomach and one to your right thigh.

"Hold my shoulder, darlin'," she cooed softly, smiling as you held her shoulder for balance as she helped you into fresh underwear. Clean jeans encompassed your legs and she even helped you into your bra and shirt. You closed your eyes as Florence wrapped her arms around you, taking you in and all the while holding you tight to keep you safe. You leaned down to kiss her head and she looked up to smile at you.

"Thank you," you whispered, grateful for how well your wife loves you, even on days where you'd rather cease to exist.

"Of course, darling. We best be going now," Florence said, ushering you along.

The two of you got in the car, with Flo giving directions as you drove. "Baby this-"

"Shhh!" She said, giggling. You parked and got out of the car timidly, unsure as to why you'd pulled up at a restaurant and not the photo studio she said she needed. She took your hand and the two of you walked in, the restaurant oddly dark as you entered.

"Flossie, what the he-"

"SURPRISE!!!"

Your friends and Florence's friends and co-workers who you'd come to know had shown up to this restaurant. "Surprise?"

"Darling... did you forget your own birthday?!" Florence asked with a smile as big as her face spread across her cheeks.

"I guess I did?" You said, chuckling nervously. Florence's hand reached for yours, giving you a good grounding squeeze as the two of you walked around to greet everyone and thank them for coming.

"Dude!"

"Bro!!"

You finally felt at ease as Hailee greeted you, not having seen her since her and Florence finished filming Hawkeye. You look over at your wife, who couldn't take your eyes off of you. "Thank you," you said quietly, kissing the small blonde's head again.

"Give me a real kiss, dammit!" She demanded. You laughed and leaned in to give your wife so many kisses.

"I- I can't believe I forgot my own birthday?" You said aloud, causing Florence and Hailee to laugh loudly.

"It's alright, darling. C'mon! Time for cake!!" She ushered you to the dessert table, picking up the cake for everyone to sing to you. Hailee wrapped her arm around your shoulders, feeling grateful that she understood you too.

"Happy birthday to my favorite girl," Flo cooed after everyone was done singing to you. You blew out the candles and made your wish; reaching around the cake to kiss your wife yet again. Everyone cheered and whilst you were distracted, Florence swiped a finger through the cake icing and plopped it on your nose.

"Oh you are so in for it baby!" You said, laughing. Florence didn't care. She was happy that your spirits had lifted, even if just for a moment.