Higher (Pt 1) - WM ⚠️

(mentions of drug use)

——
You watched as Wanda completed her kick flip with grace, practically a ballerina with a skateboard. You were sitting on the stairs pretending to read a book you swore you were interested in, but instead you were trying not to get caught drooling over your best friend.

Wanda was someone who typically kept to herself, especially after moving to town and only knowing her twin brother. That was of course, until she met you. Quiet, aloof, always wearing a beanie despite the weather outside and she couldn't help but take interest.

"Do you skate?" She'd asked you one day, looking you up and down. You shook your head no but she took your hand and pulled you towards the skate park near school and you had nothing else better to do so you didn't argue. She'd gotten you to open up and there wasn't a single thing you didn't know about each other. Well or so you thought.

Out of breath, she joined you on the stairs and closed your book in your hands. You were about to protest as she started patting herself down and looking through her backpack.

"Wands-"

"I know it's here!"

"Wanda, what are you looking for?"

"Oh uh... I like to smoke after I skate...but I must've left my joint at home," she sighed.

"Oh... well... I can come with you if you want?" You offered, not really sure what else to do with your afternoon.

"Really? You would?" She asked, her eyes glimmering.

"Yeah of course. You're my best friend!" You told her. She smiled widely and stood up, reaching for your hand to pull you along. Calling her your best friend hurt your own feelings but that's what the two of you are so you left it at that.

Wanda told you how she'd normally skate home too but with you by her side and no board, she'd walk. You laughed and thanked her for her kindness, which earned a chuckle from the brunette as well. You approached her house and you tried to keep your wits about you. Not only were you about to be inside Wanda's family home, but it was huge!

The large front doors opened with Wanda's key and the two of you stepped inside. Pietro was downstairs on the couch, looking up at Wanda's entrance from the living room. The foyer was grand and had a large chandelier and marble flooring. You'd never been in a house this nice and it felt like you stepped foot into a museum. "Ooooh Wanda brought a girl home!!"

"Shut it, Pietro!" She said, her cheeks burning red.

You figured you'd wait until you were alone to tease her about that later. "C'mon, let's go upstairs to my room," Wanda said, tugging on your hand again. You nodded and followed her lead, up the large staircase and at the end of the hall, was her bedroom. When she opened her door, the room smelled just like her. The room looked just like her also. A stark contrast to the white marble covering the rest of the house.

Wanda's bed was unmade and her walls were covered in band posters. String lights were draped across the ceiling and some of the walls were covered in photos of her and her brother as kids. Her vanity was in a disarray; makeup and jewelry lying everywhere. The room was far from neat and tidy but it made you smile because it just screamed Wanda.

"Make yourself comfy, I'll be right back," she said smiling. She walked into the adjoined room, her bathroom it seemed, and you climbed onto her bed. It was soft and plush and smelled of Wanda even more. You sat cross legged and waited for Wanda's return, fiddling with the fraying hem of your shirt. She walked back in, having completely changed her outfit, opting for something more comfortable instead. A large t-shirt and soft shorts seemed to be her go-to.