Chapter Two

India Morris

India helped her mother with the dishes as Isaiah and Terrance watched the sports channel. She noticed her mother was  awfully quiet and wanted to know what was going since she left.

"Mom." India said as she began drying a plate.

"Yes." Tory said.

"Is everything ok? You know with you and dad?" She asked.

Tory looked at her daughter for a second as she placed the plate in the dishwasher.

"Everything is fine, why do you ask?" Tory asked.

India shrugged.

"No reason, Just wanted to check up on you and dad." She said.

"Oh, but yeah everything is good. What about you? Any boyfriend or girlfriend?" Tory asked giggling.

India gasp.

"Gosh mom, and no I'm to busy for a relationship right now." She said.

"Well, you're twenty-five it's time for you to find one. You aren't getting any younger." Tory said.

"I'm going to let the relationship find me, not the other way around." India said confidently.

Tory laughed causing India to laugh. Tory seen a glass tipped over and immediately caught it before it touched the ground.

"Damn mom, them are some nice reflexes." India commented.

"Thanks." Tory said.

India smiled as she and her mother finished the dishes and Joined Isaiah and Terrance in the living room.

"I have something for the both of you." Terrance said pulling out two small boxes.

"What is it?" Isaiah asked.

Terrance handed them both the boxes and waited for them to open them. India opened her's and smiled as she looked at the diamond necklace, Isaiah opened his box and seen a diamond bracelet.

"Wow thanks dad." Isaiah said placing it on his wrist.

Tory smiled and placed the necklace on India's neck.

"What is this for?" She asked.

"It's just something for you guys since you're both working so hard." Terrance smiled.

Isaiah and India looked at one another and shrugged just happy to have some new bling, her parents owned a vineyard so there was no question where the money came from. They all watched the current channel before deciding to get some sleep, since it was late India decided to stay there for the night. She went to her old room and smiled as she closed the door.

"Still looks the same." She mumble going through her things.

She grabbed some clothes and took a shower. She thought about the lie her mother told her and sighed, why would she lie about her and dad having problems? It wasn't like her. Maybe she can ask her father in the morning, she stepped out the shower and looked at the time, it was 12 in the morning when she heard a knock on the door.