38⚫

Tanasia

I woke up and did my morning routine, I noticed that Denver was already up, he always got up first most of the time, I wasn't really surprised.

I made my way downstairs, hearing my mother's voice.

"Mom? What are you doing here you can't just show up you need to call or sum." I said eating one of the grapes from the breakfast table.

"Your father, he still hasn't come back home, something terrible could've happened to him."she said "and I also was hoping if you could let Aymaree come with me, Vani and Kye want to see her."

I turned to Denver and he nodded "she should be back here before 2pm though."

I grabbed Aymaree's bag and put all the necessary things she needed like the milk I had pumped out, 2 diapers, wipes, an extra pacifier and her favourite toys.

I gave it to her and went to go get Aymaree, I gave her the baby and the bag.

"Remember mom 2 pm it's 8am right now, that bag has everything she will need."

"Yes, I will bring her back"she smiled then she left.

"How are you?"Denver asked pulling me towards him "I'm fine, are you not going to work today?"

"No, I'm gonna be with you, all day alright?"he  said making me nod "but first I need to get something from my car, it's in the garage so just hold on."he walked to the garage.

I sighed and sat down, I picked up my phone and texted Nairobi good morning, she was my only real friend.

Kristos busted through the door, holding Madelyn by her arm "excuse me ma'am, I found her lurking in the back yard."

"Oh I'm not surprised, obsession does something to people like her"I said walking towards her "thank you, Kristos you can go now."

"By the way I wasn't lurking."she shrugged.

"Sure"I chuckled.

"Let's cut the bullshit"she said stepping to me "if you must know, I don't want your husband I only spun that story because the person who I really needed to get close to was you."

"Bitch back the fuck up."I said sternly moving back as she stared at me like a psycho with a wicked smile on her face.

"Your father, he killed my brother, I needed to find out as much about you, because your dad vanished off the face of the earth and since he took something from us, we'll take something from him"she said pulling out a knife, she swung it and cut the palm of my hand.

Why did I send Kristos away.

"I'm not involved in what my father has done."I said through gritted teeth.

I threw a bowl at her, she ducked and chuckled "you aim really bad."

Rosalia came into sight, her eyes widened and she ran out screaming Denver's name.

"Marcelo was my only sibling."she shook her head with tears coming down her eyes.

"Madelyn we can talk about this, put the knife down"I said as my back hit the wall.

"MADELYN"Denver yelled coming into the house which triggered her so she pulled out her pistol and put it to my forehead.

"Madelyn put the gun down, why are you letting Diablo use you? He's letting you do the dirty work, come on Mady you smarter than that, he wants you to go down for everything."Denver tried to reason with her.

"don't fucking tell me what to do IM MY OWN FUCKING PERSON."She yelled taking the gun off safety.

"Remember you said you were my first love? It was true, remember we had a blood bond?that's how much you cared for me, now the  person who you are pointing the gun at, is my wife, I care about her, so let her go, take me"he said inching closer to us.

"DENVER DON'T FUCKING SWEET TALK ME THIS BITCH DESERVES EVERY PIECE OF THIS"She yelled in my face as tears rolled down her face.

"Maddy the only reason you're so mad at Tanasia is because you're mad at me, I'm the one who hurt you I'm the one who broke your heart, don't take out that hatred on her, take it out on me."he said as inching even more closer.

She sort of zoned out and Denver used that as an advantage and waved me over, I slowly moved away from her and walked towards Denver, he put me behind his back.

"I just have to kill her"Madelyn turned around with the gun, smiling like a psychopath.

I walked backwards with Denver as he was shielding me "Denver get away from that bitch move."Madelyn yelled.

Denver stayed in front of me "I said move damn it."she yelled again and out frustration she fired.

She quickly dropped the pistol and her lips parted "I'm- I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to shoot him."she stuttered.

Denver turned around and blood trickled down his temple "my head feels very heavy."

"That's because...she shot you, in the head."

Madelyn quickly walked toward me but I pushed her away "no bitch you stay back before I fucking kill you."I said breathing heavy with tears creeping to my eyes.

"The blood feels so warm, it's not that bad right."

I nodded "yeah, does it hurt?"I asked.

"No, it just feels heavy, like I'm gonna pass out." He said leaning onto me.

"We have to get you to the hospital right now."as I said that Madelyn ran out of the house. I wasn't letting her slip away but I was being really thoughtful I had to put Denver first, he's the one dying.

I walked him to my car and sat him in the passenger seat "Baby look at me, I need you to stay awake I'm getting you to a hospital, the ambulance won't make it here in time."I said pulling out of the drive way as Kristos got into his car and followed behind me.

He closed his eyes making me slap his thigh "Denver stay up please."I cried speeding down the street.

"I'm up,I promise, I'm just really scared"he swallowed the lump in his throat "I don't wanna die yet, I want to be there to raise Aymaree, I want to be there when you successfully launch your business and I want us to have a real wedding, you know like throw a huge wedding ceremony and invite everyone."he said making me tear.

"You won't die, you are still conscious despite being wouded in the head."I smiled at him.

"You sure? It's starting to hurt, it feels like I'm having a big migraine."

Seeing him so hurt because of me killed me inside, I had to get him to a hospital or else I would forever feel guilty if he didn't make it.

I drove into the parking lot and helped him out of the car "lean on me."I said wrapping his arm around my neck as we walked to the entrance.

"SOMEBODY FUCKING HELP ME"I yelled while crying seeing he was slowly going unconscious.

A few nurses ran to me and took him from me, they put him on stretcher and rushed him to a room, I wanted to get in but they stopped me.

"ma'am you need to stay here."A lady said putting on gloves.

"He's my husband."I said trying to peak into the room.

"Ma'am we will update you, stay here."she said shutting the door in my face.

I walked around the room, feeling like I was about to lose my mind as Kristos soon came to the waiting area.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there...Mr Riven said he would handle it, I called the rest of the family to let them know they are on their way."