New Years (Human Au)

(Luz POV)

I arrive home swinging my keys around my finger, "Vee I'm telling you, you need to come to this one party, just this one, its the last one of the year!" I exspress as we walk into the house, "Luz you know i hate parties" Vee groans, "its not even a party, its a hang out, its going to be me, Hunter, my girlfriend, and a few people from school, you can even invite that person Masha you keep talking about" I say trying to convince her.

"I'll think about it, New Years Eve isnt until tommowor" Vee says, I nod "you have a point" we both walk into the kitchen spoting Hunter and our mom "how was school girls?" my mom asks "it was good, everyone is excided to graduate next year just a few more months" i say Hunter scruffs up my hair "Hunter! i spent hours on my hair!" i shout taking my beanie from him "sorry lil sis, soon you'll be as smart as me" he says i scoff "I'm smarter than you already" i snap back.

"is Amity coming for dinner?" Mom asks, i sigh "no, not tonight, her mother is making her go to some fancy dinner that she doesnt want to go to" i state, "her mother is a bitch" i state, my mom glares at me "languge Luz, but i do agree with with you" she says going back to cutting up chicken, i head upstairs falling on my bed, I'm ready for the new year, its been crazy, i can drive, I'm a senoir, i have an awesome girlfriend, my families great, I'm doing great, so why does it feel like something is missing?

Vee steps into our shared room, "ill come" she says i shoot out of bed "yes! ok you wont regret it" i say she fiddles with the black ring on her hand, "i hope so, Masha and a few of my friends are coming, you sure Willow is ok with extra guests?" Vee asks i nod "i'm surtian, we're going to be on her huge roof to watch the fireworks it'll be fine" i say.

the next morning i head over to the blight house to pick up mittens, i knock on the door, i hear foots steps before the door unlocks and slowly opens, thankful it was Mr. Blight, "Hi, umm is Amity here?" i ask he sighs "no actually, Amity has been missing since last night, i tried to call her but she didnt answer, my wife has been rather, tempremental so i havent been able to look for her" he's intruped but Odilas voice screaming "Alador whos at the door!" she shouts.

"sorry i cant be of more help Luz" he says i nod "its ok, and sir if i can offer you some advice, and i mean this as respecfully as i can, your wife is a bitch" i say he nods "yeah, dont tell mittens but i have the divorce papers ready, have a nice day Luz, and please find my girl" he says before closing the door.

as i walk away from the door i hop back in my car and call Amity, it rings once, then twice, then three times before cutting to voice mail, I drive to the school driving around the building, not here, i drive to our favorite coffee shop, not there, i check a few other places before heading to the place we became friend.

a large tree in central park, it was a cold night after the fall formal, my date had ghosted me so i headed to the park to  clear my head when i saw Amity sitting under the tree crying, me and Amity weren't on good terms, i mean she was bulling my friend and did pour a smoothie on my head, but when i found her i couldnt feel hatred towards her, she just looked broken.

That night i sat beside her, asked her what was wrong, we talked and talked and relized we had a lot more in commen then on might think, and then slowly through a course of events we started dating.

i park outside the park entering the black fence, the sun is starting to go down meaning the party is starting soon, i walk the stone path before approching the cherry tree, the red just showing through, i walk around to the side with the new bench and there i find my girlfriend sitting criss cross on the bench drawing in her journel.

"hey" i say she turns her head up and smile "hi" she says queitly, "whatca doing?" i ask she shrugs "just sitting" she pats the spot next to her, i gladly sit she curling up to me, "your dad is worried" i say she sighs "figured" she said messing with my hand, running her fingers up and down my palm, "whats wrong?" i ask she shrugs "nothing and everything at the same time" she sits up facing me, "just- last night i was thinking, what if we dont last? like what if this new year we fall apart or drift or have a huge fight that we cant fix or-" i stopped her before she could spril further into her thoughts.

"Am, I'm not going anywhere, I'll tell you that a million plus times until you believe me and if for some reason we do fall apart we'll find each other again and if its not ment ot be its not ment to be, i- I love you soo much that i cant imagin a day without you in it, but if we do fall apart or break up I'll aways be here, girlfriend or not, i care and love you with all my heart" i say holding both her hands.

she smiles "sorry, my mom made a comment last night that got me worried, i love you too" she says i place my forehead to hers "your mother is a bitch" i say for the second time today, she giggles "i know" she says, we hop in my car driving to the party, when we arrive i spot my sister flirting or at least trying to with a black haired person i assume to be Masha.

i look over at my friends before i see Willow glaring at me, this is what i get for being late, she stomps over my brother behind her "you have some exspaining to do, i told you six, what time is it now Luz hm? its seven thirty, all i ask is for you to be on time, why cant your sister be on time" willow says switching her view to Hunter.

"I'm sorry willow, but were here now" i say she rolls her eyes, "i guess you are" she says smiling, before giving me a hug, the party contiues with punch and snacks, along with late christmas gifts since most of us havent seen each other since the last day of school, eleven rolls around making everyone find a place to be when it hits midnight.

i wrap my arm around my awesome girlfriend's wasit, "will you do the honor of kissing me at midnight?" i ask she smiles "of course" she says sweetly, the clock started to tick down from twenty, "ok everyone get ready to count down" Willow says, i look at the count down 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, i take a breath a turn to Amity "10" i whisper "9" she whispers back, friends were shouting numbers behind us but we were in our own little world, "7" i state "6" she smiles, "5" i pull her closer "4" i smile "3" she places her hands on my shoulders "2" i lean in close "1" we meet in the middle.

"Happy new year" our friends shout around us, we break the kiss, "happy new year Luz" she says i smile "happy new year Sweet potato" i say she laughs, this year is already starting out great.....................

words:1340 12/30/2022

Hey peoples! this will be the last post for this year, i exspain everything in the chapter before this one, but i just want to say Happy New Year i hope we all have a great year and see you in 2023 byeeeeee...................

(reminder: no more post or request till after the new episode that comes out Jan 21st)