Daonuea: Death + A/N

I started this book on August 2, 2022. It's been just four months, and over 600 reads!!

Thank you guys so much, you inspired me to write a special chapter!

"Y/S/N?"

"Y/N..." Your eldest sister croaked. "Ashita is gone." Unfortunately, you were with your boyfriend, Dao, and his brother and his boyfriend. You couldn't help it. The phone dropped from your hand as you shakily stood up, shocked.

You knew Ashita had cancer. It had been ten years. It was a miracle he survived so long.

Picking up your phone, you turned to the boys and gave them a shaky smile.

"I'm sorry, I've got to go back to Japan."

"Are you okay?" Dao asked worriedly.

"I-Ashita died. I have to go."  You croaked. You left the room in a daze.

When you arrived at the airport in Japan, your youngest brother, Akita, greeted you.

"Y/N, tell me it's not true."  He begged. "He's not gone!"

"He-" Your words got stuck in your throat. You shook your head and both of you left the airport, meeting the rest just outside.

"Mum." You kissed her cheek, and she broke down.

"Dad." You bowed and he, too, broke.

"Stop, please." Your voice cracked. "I'm going to cry too."

"You're that loser, aren't you?" Ashita's wife said. "The one he talked about. You're  named Shin."

"Excuse me." You said. "My name is Y/N."

"It's all that crazy girls fault!" You were shocked to hear her talk of your cousin that way. "They were out together!"

"What has that got to do with her?" You asked, dead calm.

"He would never have died if he hadn't agreed to go with her to Tokyo!" She ranted, tears falling out of her eyes. "He was so weak already, and so close to death! She just made it faster!"

"Blaming someone isn't helping matters." You said dejectedly. "Right now, we just need to focus on family."

"Y-youre right." She said. "I'm sorry."

"Hey." You said gently. "It's not your fault. Your sad and-"

Your words, once again, got caught in your throat. You swallowed. You were supposed to be the strong one.

"And he loved you." You finished. "He talked loads about you even before you were dating. That day he asked youout, I've never seen him so happy, even with his other girlfriends."

"In sorry if I reminded you-" you cut her off.

"No. There's no need to be sorry."

"I've got to go back to Thailand." You said. "I'm sorry I won't be able to attend the funeral, but I've got major exams tomorrow."

"Go." Sakura pushed you gently towards the entrance of the airport. You went back in and boarded the flight.

"Take care." She mouthed at you. You sent her Korean finger hearts back.

_______________________

"So?" Dao asked.

"They're devastated." You mumured. "Mom kept crying about how she treated him horribly, even though she treated him so well."

"They'll get through it." Dao murmured back. "He was a good man."

"I-I just wish I told him I loved him. Before he died." The words got stuck in your throat. "Our last conversation was about me."

"Hey." Dao put his hand over yours. "It's not your fault. You didn't know it would be the last time."