Nineteen / Discovering Raffa

He didn't come for breakfast this morning, instead, I had to eat in the presence of Fabio whose glares almost made me chock with the food

Every time our looks met I smiled and chowed the food slowly as if doing any noise would trigger more stares and heavier air around.

"Raffa had something to do, so... you don't mind having breakfast with me, do you?" Fabio suddenly says making me snap my eyes at him and freeze with a full mouth.

"Hm... okay," I mumble and lower my gaze gluing my eyes to the plate.

"He'll come soon, straight to the mansion, I guess. So, whenever you're ready, we can leave," he continues.

I suddenly don't feel hungry anymore and stand up quickly grabbing the glass and drinking some of the orange juice in the process to push the food down my throat.

"I'm ready," I reply still chewing, and take my leave out of the dining and straight to my room to collect the trolley which doesn't seem to be anywhere around.

Only my purse is waiting for me placed on the bed ready to be grabbed and I understand that the rest must be in the car outside already.

Which I do without hesitation but before exiting the room I fish a lollipop out of it and place it eagerly in my mouth hoping the sweetness will increase the sugar in my blood and stop me from hyperventilating or at least it would take my mind away from the fact that I'll be riding in the same car with Fabio.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is really cool but I feel watched and stared at when he's around. Somehow he seems not very happy having me around and I wonder why has he hired me.

And of course, I feel intimidated. He is my boss, after all, and I have no idea what type of person he is, what he likes and he doesn't like. Is he friendly or really tough? Is he going to like my designs or is he going to reject them again and again until I'm left without ideas?

So far he doesn't seem very eager to see me working. I have a week off. Who the hell starts a new job with a week off?

I want Raffa. A dreadful need for him hits me when I see Fabio waiting for me next to the SUV but I shyly smile and keep walking past him, getting into the car.

Probably Raffa is somewhere fixing things for his boss just like all right hands do. I should know.
Papa had a few and I know the kind of things right hands do, none of it very legit or clean although it does involve cleaning, a certain type of cleaning after your boss has won yet another deal and eliminated the rival who wanted to snatch your deal.

Thankfully Fabio takes the passenger seat in front and I sit in the back, alone, happy to be away from his curious glares and anxiety-inflicting presence.

"It's half an hour's drive to the mansion. If you believe you need anything from the city, feel free to tell me now because the mansion is on the beach in a pretty isolated area," he says once the car is in motion and exits the hotel yard.