Forty - three / My time to heal

Your half-brother

Your half-brother... your half-brother...

Julian's words resound in my ears preventing any other noise from coming through, like I'm sliding down a glass tunnel where I'm alone and still, I can see everything around me, for example, now I can see my brother moving his arms around and staring at me, shouting something I can't hear and shaking my body with hands strongly holding my arms, but I can't hear him. I don't know what he says, what he wants from me.

His eyes become wide open at some point and filled with horror when I don't seem to react either to his shouts or jogs and I have good reasons for that.

I'm blacking out. I gradually sink into an abyss where there is so much peace and quiet, I feel floating and my arms become limp and almost non-existent.

Raffa's beautiful face flashes in front of my eyes and I'm smiling. At least I think I am.

And then nothingness.

When I finally came around, Julian was hovering above me, softly calling my name and sprinkling water on my face.

The horror of his final words before I fainted swiftly made its space in my brain and every inch of my skin where Michelle has ever touched me is burning with disgust.

"Mia... can you hear me?" Julian asks gently.

"I wished I never did," I reply and push him away to sit up on the chair properly and I grab the water glass from his hand, drinking the cold content to the last drop.

"You'll check for a doctor when we get to Aunty," he decides as soon as I'm done with the water glass and I ask for one more.

"I'm fine, it's just... a lot has happened in the past days... too much news... too many..."

"Shocks! I know. I'm so sorry Mia..."

"What are you sorry for? Tell me?! Knowing that Raffa was alive and not telling me when you all saw the pain I was going through?! Not knowing who Michelle was before he got the chance to touch me... and kiss me..."

"Did more happen, Mia?" he asks.

"More than what?!"

"More than kissing and touching..."

"Fuck NO! Thank God, no! It's enough I'll have to live with the fact that my own God damn brother touched me..." I shout and I keep feeling like throwing up just by remembering all the evenings we had.

"Good. That's good," Julian mumbles.

"What the fuck it's good?! What, Julian? My life is ruined, I'm ruined! YOU! Because of you and Papa! Because you've all used me! All of you!"

"Emillia!" Julian shouts back at me standing up and trying to confidently deny everything I say.

"Don't you talk to me! Not you, not Papa, not Raffa! NO ONE!"
I demand and stand up running to the small bedroom-like space at the back of the airplane and lock the door behind me.