Thirty - eight / Ripped heart mended

I couldn't open my eyes before coughing my lungs out although I was hearing Charles calling my name from afar

          I couldn't open my eyes before coughing my lungs out although I was hearing Charles calling my name from afar. The smoke I've inhaled earlier is now burning my throat on its way out.

But when I finally find the strength to roll on my back and open my eyes I see Charles hovering above me, moving his lips and telling me something but I still hear him if he's far away.

"Raffa, we need to leave. Do you hear me?" he asks with confusion in his eyes but not giving up on me.

"Can you hear me, Don Raffa?" he keeps saying, and happily each letter becomes clearer and clearer and I'm grateful I didn't lose my hearing.

"Yeah, I hear you, I hear you, Charles," I reply and grab the helpful hand he offered as a support to stand up but when I pull and stand it feels like my left shoulder is smashed and the pain almost muted the life in me.

"Cazzo! Cazzo di puttana!" I yell the pain out and make a few steps as if the fucking few steps will heal me. (Fuck! Fucking bitch!)

"Any bullet wounds?" Charles is asking, walking around me in search of it.

"No... no fucking bullet... fuck this shit..." I curse and try to understand what's wrong with my shoulder but Charles is faster and gives the verdict.

"The shoulder is dislocated," he says.

"The fuck it is!" I shout denying the obvious because I can't move the shit out of it. "Where Mia?" I ask.

"The kid announced earlier on the radio station that he arrived at your mansion together with Mia but..."

"But what?!" I encourage Charles to talk lowering my head so I can see his eyes which he avoids showing. "But what, Charles?!"

"Benito is not here."

"What do you mean he is not here?"

When I woke up you were both unconscious on the ground and I knew I could not take you both alone, so I stood up and searched for my radio station but when I came back... he was..."

"Gone! Like dead gone?" I asked frowning and struggling between my revenge and the fact that the motherfucker grew on me.

"No, he was not around anymore. I have no idea when he disappeared, I couldn't have been searching for the damn thing more than a min..."

"Fuck, he took Mia!" a crazy thought crosses my mind and I pull my phone out dialing Benito's number, just to find it switched off.

"FUCK!"

I dial Mia's, the same thing. Julian's number is on but no answer.

"Fucking shit! Cazzo di merda, figlio di puttana!" I keep cursing, completely forgetting about my shoulder, and walking around like a bull seeing red.

"Benito's men are gone as well," Charles informs and I lift my head, staring at him like a dump and wondering how the fuck could I not see it.

How stupid I was to believe that Benito was on my side! How the fuck he managed to fool me so gracefully?!