Twenty - Five / The enemy I didn't see

Such a neat, refined work she did with her escape from the house that I couldn't even be angry anymore with my watch guy whom I found preoccupied with fixing the shitty tap that he didn't even realize she was gone

If something makes me angry is the fact that I don't where she is. She could be anywhere in this city and it would take us the entire night to find her. Unless she ran away to her dad. I would never find her if she did.

But before giving up, I'm going to try anything to find her and I fish the phone out of my pocket to call Fabio and ruin his night but guess what?

He calls me first.

"Fabio, abbiamo bisogno di una squadra di ricerca. Mia è scappata," I tell him with no other introductions. (Fabio, we need a search team. Mia has escaped).

But instead of his usual "sure Raffa", Fabio replies with a healthy burst of laughter, bubbling something that sure is not any language of this Earth and I understand that he couldn't have reacted this way unless there was no need for a search team.

Mia is there!

I run out of the house while reaching my hand to the driver asking for car keys which land almost immediately into my palm, allowing me to not stop until I'm well seated in the driver's chair and I put the car in motion, telling Fabio to do anything to keep her there.

I don't see the cars passing by me, although I'm sure at this hour the city must be full of cars and people. It's like I'm all alone on the streets and thus I adjust my driving to the madness nesting in my brain and push the speed paddle to the floor, still ordering Fabio on the phone.

"Keep your eyes on her. Don't let her leave."

I finally see the club I've just left and hit the brakes hard when I reach the gates.

The bouncers turn themselves toward me and jump both, one to quickly take the car keys and park it, the other one to open the door for me.

"Don Raffa," he greets me when I walk in but the only person I want to see right now is Fabio.

And I hope he's smart enough to directly show me the exact place where she is now.

I can see Fabio standing alone at the bar but our eyes meet the second I show up and he signs me to the other side of the club.

I move straight in that direction, hardly making my way between people dancing and raising my head to find her.

And I finally do find her, standing next to the counter while the bartender holds her hand and speaks smiling.