Twenty - Three / My failed escape

I left Julian on the beach and headed to the mansion, straight to my room

          I left Julian on the beach and headed to the mansion, straight to my room. Not because I specifically wanted to get back, but because it seems I have some unfinished business with Raffa and by unfinished business, I don't mean the kiss. That looks like a different business now.

I want to know how often has he been into a coincidence of raiding someone to kill and lure his daughter into leaving with him. Because I'm sure his explanation will be "coincidences".

I admit that an eventful day like today has drained all powers in me and by far the kiss has been the one to turn my entire world upside down.

Papa showing up out of the blue, Julian on my tail watching from hidden corners, an enemy wanting to kill papa, these are all things I'm used to.

But Raffa... Raffa is one spice I'm not used to but always wanted to taste. And taste it was I did.

I tasted him today, sucked in a whirlpool of heat and freeze alternating on my skin, levitating while one of his strong arms grabbed the back of my head and the other curled around my back pulling me closer as if lip to lip and skin to skin was not close enough.

I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong. For me, it hasn't been a simple kiss. It is THE kiss of my life, the black hole of my destiny where, unlike planets, I wish I'm forever trapped if trapped is what it takes to be always his.

But the fact that his eyes refused to look at me once the kiss was over felt like a kick in the stomach as if the black hole just spat me out and closed itself right after.

If only Earth could open and suck me in to be spared the embarrassment! But since this doesn't happen with the powers of will and thought only, I turned around and left.

It felt so lonely when I finally reached my room at the mansion, even though papa is here and Julian is here, but suddenly they don't seem to be enough.

I don't seem to be enough and one thing I long for is him, his presence.

Too early to sleep, too late to eat, too anxious to read, too lonely to be, and the perspective of an entire week in here with nothing to do makes me feel cringy.

I try to find in my mind things to do to take my mind away, from him, of course.

I can't spend seven days staring into the ceiling and crushed on the enormous bed my room has.

Suddenly inspiration kicks in and I think what if my female character finally falls in love with the Don she can't get rid of?

What if that female character is me? Am I unconsciously writing the story of my first real falling in love? What would Raffa do if he realizes I'm falling for him?

While questions rush into my brain I reach for the phone and open the app, initiating a new chapter.

I'll write in the hope that sharing my thoughts and feelings even with people I've never met will ease my heart and make lighter the weight of falling for a man who doesn't care.