Twenty / A taste of Emillia

Standing in front of her father, with her head way bent on the back to look at him, it's only now that I realize how tiny Mia is

Standing in front of her father, with her head way bent on the back to look at him, it's only now that I realize how tiny Mia is. And sweet at the same time.

And Benito is a completely different man when he is with his daughter. He doesn't seem so tough and scary anymore but rather an ordinary man, melted to his cores and with eyes shining like millions of stars of the universe just by having her in front of him, holding her tiny hands and his and kissing her fingers.

Unwillingly the scene unfolding in front of my eyes suddenly brings to me the thought of being a father, although I have never thought about it before.

No, I'm wrong. I have actually always avoided the possibility of being a father or the thought of ever wanting to be one.

But as crazy as it might sound, seeing Benito with his daughter surprisingly makes me wish to be a father one day, and thinking that being one as Benito makes the wish stronger.

And don't ask me how but I feel that this little sweet woman, although stubborn and reckless sometimes, would make a great mother.

While I'm wandering with my mind to probabilities that have no growing right now, Benito still tries to make her change her mind, and guess what?

The woman I have wanted so much to know for the silly romance stories she writes proves to be not only smart, sexy, ravishing beautiful but also stubborn to my luck, she keeps saying no.

"You take good care of my daughter, kid," Benito tells me when he realizes changing her mind is motion impossible.

"Stop calling me kid," I mumble but what the hell?! I like it.

"Don't have reasons not to," I reply and he gives his daughter one more hug before exiting the living room and my mansion.

I remain with Mia both standing in the middle of the living room still staring in the direction of the front door, closer long ago by Benito behind him.

"He's not going to leave town now, is he?" I tell her still staring into that one fixed point on the front door.

"Nope. He isn't," she confirms what I already know, and weirdly we both end to be on the same side.

"Why you never told me... told Fabio whose daughter you are?" I ask her and she turns around landing some watery eyes on my betraying a deep sadness that I don't even know what to do with.

"Why? Would it make any difference in the decision of hiring me?"

"No... for as far as I know Fabio has been one hundred percent sure he wants you for this project but..." I lie.

Fabio has never actually been fully on my side with my plan of going as far as kidnapping the author of the story I'm obsessed with if it would be necessary, but hey, she doesn't have to know details.