Prologue

Ages:

Ashton: 36
Michael: 34
Calum: 16
Luke: 14

[NOT EDITED]

"You smell like turds." Calum snickered at Luke who scrunched up his nose in anger.

"I do not." The blonde boy huffed, pushing out his chest slightly.

"You look like turds." Calum laughed at his own joke.

Luke rolled his eyes, "you're so stupid."

"Boys, breakfast is ready!" Michael called up the stairs. As Luke was about to get up, Calum shoved him back in the computer chair and rushed downstairs to see his dads.

"Morning." He smiled innocently at them, earning two smiles back.

Luke lunged at Calum when he saw him in the kitchen. "Guys." Michael spoke shyly. He really didn't want to break up their fighting this early in the morning. However, neither boy stopped tugging and hitting at the other. Luke bit Calum's arm as the half kiwi boy let out a stream of curse words.

"Boys!" Michael tried again, though the fighting wasn't getting better. Calum had Luke pinned on the floor, about to spit on his face when Ashton yanked him up off his brother. He helped Luke up, who flipped Calum off before sitting as far away from him at the table as he possibly could.

Ashton kept giving Michael dirty looks from across the table. It wasn't his fault he didn't like getting stern with the boys, it just didn't seem right. He wanted them to feel comfortable and happy. That meant Ashton tended to have to step in and break up most the fighting.

"Bιτch."

"Jerk!" Luke yelled at Calum.

"Boys!" Michael yelled after hearing their banter.

"Sorry, daddy," Luke and Calum spoke simultaneously.

"Just eat your breakfast." The younger adult said, some-what worn out from his kids fighting.

After breakfast, the two teens went back upstairs. Michael and Ashton aren't rich, but they live in a nice, middle-class subdivision. The upstairs has the bedrooms, a game room, and a guest room. Downstairs there's the kitchen, dining room, sunroom, and second living room.

"You know what my grandad would do if I acted like a little brat?" Ashton asked Michael for what felt like the hundredth time that week. Since Ashton didn't have a father he visited his grandpa a lot as a child.

Michael still asked, "what?"

"He'd take me over his knee and tan my hide."

Michael sighed, "we are not hitting our kids."

"Mikey-"

"I don't want to do that, I'm sorry." Ashton crossed his arms, leaning against the doorway as Michael did the dishes.

"So you want them to be αssholes their whole lives? They need discipline."

"Can we stop talking about this?" Ashton was annoyed, but he understood that it could be an uncomfortable subject, so he dropped it and helped his husband dry the dishes,

"I hope a llama kills you in your sleep." Calum spat at Luke.

The blonde growled, "suck a-"

"Luke! Calum! We're going shopping!" Ashton shouted.

"I call shotgun!" The two pushed each other as they attempted to get to the car first. Calum won since Luke forgot to grab his shoes and had to fo back for them.

Michael talked with the boys as Ashton pushed the cart. Some people gave the family dirty looks, but most of the people were quite familiar with the Irwin-Cliffords' since the town was so small.

"Can we get ice cream?" Calum asked, giving Michael his signature puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know..." He trailed off.

"Please, please please???" Luke started begging. If there was one thing that the boys could agree on it was ice cream.

"Sure, go ahead."

Cake scurried down the isle to retrieve the ice cream. "See!?" Ashtin began, "that's what I mean! You keep giving into them. They're so spoiled."

"I love them." The younger of the two said in defense.

"You don't think I love them?" Ashton growled.

"Well, wanting to spank them isn't exactly a loving gesture."

"Those two need it."

"They're good kids!" Michael argued.

Suddenly, Ashton formed an idea, "fine, if they're so good, I won't step in the rest of the week to break up their fighting. Then you can tell me how good they are. And to shake things up, let's make it a bet. One hundred says you can't make it."

He was reluctant, but the blonde said, "deal."

A/N: I'm currently in the process of editing chapters.

For some reason my parts keep getting cut off.