Chapter Two

All Luke could think about was how humiliated he was. The pain wasn't bad, his father hadn't struck him very hard, but it still made him want to crawl under a blanket and never be seen again. Calum was thankfully, sleeping in his room, for Luke would surely "die" of embarassment if he were to be seen in such a situation.

Michael wanted to go all the way if he was going to do anything at all. So, carefully he stood Luke up in between his legs. His face was a bright red color as he stared at the floor like it was a new episode of How I Met Your Mother. "Enough!" Michael shouted, to gain his attention. Luke's bottom lip started to tremble. It was one thing to be spanked, but yelled at? That was one thing Luke couldn't take-being yelled at.

His big blue eyes welled up with tears as he stopped his tantrum. He was hoping Michael would just give up and tell him to stand in a corner, but Michael was still just as mad as before. "Now, you're going to stop this fit of yours, lay back over my lap or I'm calling your father and he can talk to you about this." By talk Michael meant yell, knowing it would get to Luke.

Luke reluctantly went to lay over Michael's lap when he was stood back up."Take your pants off," demanded Michael as he tugged at the loops of them.

  "Da-"

"Fine, I'll get him on the phone. I'm sure he would love to hear about you pushing Calum down the stairs." Luke slid his pants off, red faced before quickly going back over Michael's lap and praying he wouldn't have to take his boxers off. Luke didn't have to take them off, Michael did that for him.

Luke was surprised that all the ruckus hadn't woken Calum up. Or maybe the older boy chose to block it out. Michael could see how upset his son was over this. He rubbed his back soothingly before starting, wanting to show he cared but had to do this. "Lukey, can you please calm down?" Luke sighed shakily but tried his best to. It still didn't seem fair that he was being spanked, but he just wanted to get it over with at that point.

Michael started out nervously, only giving Luke what could be considered love taps. Luke didn't mind, heck, he wouldn't mind if the whole spanking carried on that way, since he expected to be in pain. Michael tried to harden his smacks, but hitting his child was not something he could do easily, especially the baby of the family. The thought made him feel guilty.

Michael hardened his heart and made the smacks twice as hard. Luke sucked in a sharp breath. "Owie." Luke complained. When four more smacks of the same velocity struck his eyes glazed over with tears. Luke was closer to Ashton and that's all he wanted then. He wanted to be far away from Michael and be held tightly in Ashton's arms.

Michael figured he was doing something right since he sparked a reaction from Luke so he followed those smacks up with fifteen more. Luke whimpered as he squirmed over Michael's lap.

By the time Michael hit thirty-five smacks he stopped. Luke was whining and crying still as his father put his boxers in place. "Lukey, I know that hurt. I love you very much. I want to tal-"

Luke stood up and screamed. "I don't care! I HATE YOU!" The blonde was fuming and crying as he darted to his room, leaving his skinny jeans behind.

Michael sighed in defeat. Did he do something wrong? Surely that wasn't how that was suppose to have ended? He texted Ashton telling him to call him when he got a chance to. In response to the text Michael received, "I'm at the door, sugar, XXX? ;)" Michael almost laughed, but he was too worried to do that.

Ashton's cocky smile disappeared when saw Michael's face. "What happened?"

"I um- I-I... Well, I kinda um... I didn't know what else to do and you always say to do that and... I don't know, please don't be mad?"

Ashton chuckled, "love, it couldn't have been that bad? Now, what happened?" He spoke calmly, but he was interested now.

"I spanked Luke," Michael said meekly, wishing he could hide.

"Where? Wait, don't answer that. I mean when?"Ashton corrected, realizing how dimwitted his question was.

"Just before you got here. He pushed Calum down the stairs and I had to do something. I don't know if that was okay." Michael was almost shaking when he finished.

"Michael," Ashton pinched the bridge of his nose to keep from exploding, "You've never been spanked. And you've never spanked anyone else. Why would you do that? Have you gone insane?"

"Have you seen Calum's back?" Ashton groaned as he went to see the kiwi boy's back. Calum was asleep on his stomach so Ashton carefully lifted the shirt to examine the damage.

"Luke!" He turned to face the crying boy.

"I didn't mean to!" Luke flailed his arms as he explained what happened. "He kept taking my stuff! I got mad and the stairs were there so why not? And I didn't think he'd be hurt!"

"You didn't think that pushing your brother down the stairs would hurt?" Luke wanted to disappear right then. He didn't respond as Ashton rubbed circles on Calum's arm to wake him. "Baby boy? We need to go take you to the doctor to see your back." Ashton cooed as he kept trying to soothe the boy awake. "Stay in your room Luke, until we get back." Ashton ordered once a sleepy Calum was following Ashtin out the door.

"Michael, we need to talk once I get back," Ashton pointed. "All bets are off bye the way!" The older man shouted from the car. Michael started on dinner to preoccupy his mind from the events that occurred.

It bothered him that Luke said he hated him. Michael hoped he just said that because of the spanking he received. If Luke truly did hate him he wasn't sure what he'd do.

Luke rubbed his eyes tiredly. Once he calmed down more he decided to go see Michael, hoping to get an apology out of the older man. He skidded down the hallway until he reached the kitchen, suddenly feeling nothing but fear. As he went to turn back, Michael saw him.

"How are you feeling, baby boy?" He cooed. Luke cursed himself for being noticed.

"I'm okay," he muttered.

"I wanted to talk to you earlier, come sit down."

"Do I have to sit?" Luke blushed at his own question.

"You can stand," Michael realized why his son may not want to sit then. "I want you to know I love you, first off." Luke felt obligated to reply, it's not that he didn't love his dad. He did, but he really didn't want to say he loved him at the moment.

"You too," he murmered, just to say something.

"Secondly, spanking is going to be a potential punishment from now on. Dad and I will come up with some basic rules. So think about that before you act like that again. I don't know what you were thinking when you pushed Calum down the stairs, and I don't want to."

Luke felt terrible about doing that to Calum, but he couldn't take the action back, he sniffled, "I'm sorry, daddy." Michael caught the sadness in his voice and hugged him before Luke could start crying again.

"It's okay, I promise, Lukey."