Chapter Twelve

Now, he was sure it would be great to get revenge on Calum for all the stuff he's done to him, but Luke couldn't bring himself to tell his parents of this party that would be happening.

Michael set the table as Luke talked about Niall doing cartwheels and Mrs. Shoester throwing a fit. Michael shook his head, glad his sons weren't like that. They behaved in public. Ashton was working the late shift, again, much to Michael's dismay.

Calum kept borrowing Michael's phone to call Liam and figure out more details for their party. It seemed pointless to ground Calum from his phone if he just used Michael's.

The kiwi boy handed the cellular device to Michael, scrunching up his nose as the smell of whatever Michael had cooked messed up his senses. When Michael made simple things they turned out just fine, but when he tried to look up recipes everyone went hungry.

"What are we doing this weekend, daddy?" Calum asked sounding innocent enough.

Michael shrugged, "I might be working, Dad will be working more than likely... Why do you ask?" Michael suddently turned to face Calum.

"I... Just wanted to know when we would be able to spend time with you." He lied, sure Calum liked being around his parents, unlike a lot of kids, but that certainly wasn't the truth. Michael's eyes almost visibly lit up at Calum's words.

"Aww, baby boy, we'll be able to hang out soon, I promise, but this weekend no one will be home." And that had Calum internally cheering. But this weekend no one will be home. Luke coughed, catching onto Calum's little secretive ulterior motive.

  "I'll be home."

"You guys can have some brotherly time together!" Michael said, hoping they wouldn't fight. One time when the boys were left alone Calum locked Luke in a closet for two hours, knowing he was scared of the dark. When Michael and Ashton got home they had to unstick the closet door and let Luke sleep with them. It took them a long time to trust Calum with Luke since then.

"I'm sure we will," Calum fake smiled at Luke. Luke flipped him off as Michael turned to the burnt tacos.

"What on Earth is that horrid sme-" Ashton stepped into the kitchen to find Michael glaring.

"What's horrid?"

"Nothing, love." He kissed his cheek making Luke and Calum pretend to gag.

"Y'all nasty," The kiwi boy sassed.

Ashton ignored them, turning to Michael. "We need to talk privately when your done with that, about Luke's sleeping problem. I got the meds his therapist suggested."

Michael nodded, "you look sexy."

Ashton smirked, "there's blood on my pants, and vomit on my shoe." Michael grimaced, not actually taking a good look at Ashton.

"I'm gonna shower," Ashton chuckled at Michael's reaction.

"Throw out those shoes!" Michael called up the stairs after his husband.

"Daddy what are you making?"

Michael stirred the food, glancing at it. "Soup, love." Luke groaned, he always gave his parents problems about eating. He would get distracted with other things and not want to waste his time on food. Not that he disliked eating, he was just picky, and felt it wasted his time.

Ashton came back downstairs in pajama pants and a tank top, he hugged Michael and whispered, "You're hot when you cook." The younger adult blushed furiously. Even after ten years of marriage Ashton's compliments always caught him off gaurd.

Calum rolled his eyes at his parents. Luke had his feet on a chair, that the kiwi boy pushed off. "Hey!"

"You have big feet."

"You have a big nose." Luke retorted.

"You have a big mouth." Calum snapped.

"Nu uh!"

"Yu huh!"

"Nu uh'"

"Boys." Michael sighed. As they kept fighting.

  Ashton slammed his fist on the table, "Enough!" They stopped their bickering but sent each other looks across the table. The younger adult started setting the table, Ashton was tensely staring at a hole he found in the toe of his sock.

"Something wrong with it, Luke?" Michael snapped as the blonde shrugged. He hadn't eaten anything yet, he just sat there waiting for everyone else to be done so he could throw the soup away.

Michael didn't mean to snap, but the boys bickering, mixed with his newfound stress wasn't helping anything.

"Mikey, you all good?" Ashton asked.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired." The younger of the two answered. It was a believable answer considering the slight bags he had forming under his eyes.

Calum found it to be the perfect time to plan a party. His parents were both busy, tired, and hopefully, going to be gone on Saturday. It was perfect. All he had to do was spread the news to his friends.

Luke was pretty tired himself. His eyes would close, but he would force them open every so often. He wouldn't give in to the drowsiness, he simply refused.

If two fingers hadn't snapped in front of his face he would have fallen into his soup. "Hey, why don't we get you to bed?" Ashton asked as if he were talking to a two year old, rather than a fourteen year old.

Luke shook his head, "I'm awake. I'm not tired!"

"No no no. We're done playing these games, Luke. C'mon-"

"No!" Luke screeched, causing Calum and Michael to look up.

  "Alright. Lets go," Ashton picked the blonde up like he was carrying a bride. Luke let himself be carried up the stairs to his room, but once he was set down he ran for the bathroom.

"Dammit," Ashton muttered. He couldn't get the kid to eat or sleep, and he was pissed with the situation at hand. Calum could behave, Ashton didn't understand why Luke couldn't. The ex drummer pushed the bathroom door open. Luke was put over his father's shoulder and carried to his bedroom. "What is your problem!?" Ashton yelled at Luke who was silently crying on his bed with his knees pulled up to his chest. "Answer me!" Luke shook as he hugged himself tighter. Ashton knew he was scaring Luke, but he wasn't calm enough to lower his tone. He pinched the bridge of his nose before saying, "if I keep yelling I'm going to do something I regret. Please go and get Daddy."

The blonde boy sprung from the bed to get Michael. He was still shaking in fear, but he knew Michael would fix the problem. "Love, what's wrong?" Michael asked worriedly.

"Dad yelled at me b-but he wants to talk to you."

"Alright. Let's go see what he wants okay?" Michael tried.

Luke shook his head, "can I stay here with Calum?"

  Sighing Michael answered, "yes, for now." Luke jumped on Calum who was watching some detective show on Tv.

"You're fat, get off me!" Calum laughed as Luke rolled off the couch. Michael smiled at the two as he made his way upstairs.

Ashton was pacing in the boy's bedroom. Once he saw Michael he hugged him as he startes shaking. "Hey hey what's wrong?" He rubbed his back in an attempt to sooth the older man.

"I yelled at Lukey..." Ashton muttered.

  "It's okay. He was acting up-"

"I almost smacked him," Ashton interrupted, "I got so mad and I don't know I just wanted to-"

"You didn't hit him, and I know you never would. Stop stressing. You love them, calm down." Of course Ashton was over exaggerating and sobbing as he stuttered out apologies.

Downstairs Calum was on the phone with Liam. "Yes. Tomorrow." He said before ending the call.

Luke glanced at him curiously, "What are you-"

"I have to tell you something. But you can't tell Dad and Daddy. Okay?" Calum whispered. Luke nodded.