Chapter Twenty

DRAMA

The next day the boys were driven to school by Michael while Ashton cleaned up the breakfast stuff. Michael was getting annoyed with the older man. He was being... clingy. Which could be cute, but the way Ashton did it was very impulsive.

As soon as the ex singer stepped inside the house he got pulled onto a tight hug. "What are you-"

"I love, love, love, love, love you soooooo much!" Ashton cooed, kissing him all over.

"I love you too?" Michael was slightly freaked out by the amount of affection Ashton was showering him with."I need to do laundry..."

Ashton jumped up. "I can help!"

Rolling his eyes Michael replied, "sure, if you want to-"

"Love to!" Ashton sung, skipping to get the basket of clean laundry out of the basement. Michael let out a sigh of relief, but that was short lived when Ashton plopped the laundry on the floor. "I was thinking..." He wandered off. "You deserve nicer clothes and I have the money so maybe we could shop?"

Michael shrugged, "I'm fine."

"A-are you positive?" Ashton raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. I am fine," Michael couldn't take much more of Ashton. "I'm gonna shower."

"I'll come with!"

***

"The f*cking bastard cheated. Then I had to help Luke because he had a night terror or something."

"That's f*cked up," Liam said. The three boys- Harry, Liam, and Calum- were smoking outside the school during study hall and talking. It was quiet and peaceful where they were at.

"If Zayn cheated on Louis I wouldn't want them to leave each other though," Harry interrupted. "I mean, they're both so cute together and I love them both so..."

"I hate Ashton," Calum spat. "He thinks he can do whatever he wants and he can't."

  Liam shrugged, "it sucks to suck."

***

"Can we cuddle?" Ashton asked suddenly. They were half way through the movie Sharknado (idk what guys watch, it sounds like a manly movie) when the older of the two asked.

Michael sighed, "I guess, are you okay?"

"I am now," Ashton snuggled Michael close to his chest and wrapped his arms around him tightly. It felt right to him, but Michael was more than annoyed. "I lov-"

"Stop! Why are you being so clingy!?" He jumped up suddenly, blocking the televeision. Ashton gave him a look of confusion.

  "Clingy? I didn't think I was being clingy..." Ashton scratched the back of his head.

  "Stop trying to do stuff for me, stop trying to kiss me and hug me, it's weird."

Ashton didn't know what to say. He blinked quickly. "W-why?"

Michael saw the hurt in his eyes and sat on his lap as he explained, "I know you still feel really guilty for what you did, but it's okay. I forgave you. You don't have to prove anything to me."

"W-when I said I wanted to be spanked for the ch-cheating thing I meant it but I guess you don't remember and I just I don't know I guess I got clingy because I thought you were going to..." Ashton was blushing.

"I thought you were kidding. Umm, okay?" Michael couldn't really see himself spanking Ashton for something like this. It's not something that's so easy to forgive. "Why?"

Ashton let out a breath he was holding in. "Well. I kind of thought if the boys saw that I was owning up for my actions that maybe they could start to forgive me and Calum won't hate me anymore..."

"It takes time-"

"I want to be forgiven! I want to get a new job and start over! I want to be a good dad!" Ashton started sniffling. "I don't want to be hated by the only few people I'll ever love..."

"You're not hated, Ash I don't know how to put this in a nice way, but... I kind of think you deserve to feel a little guilty... For a little while atleast." Michael could tell his reaction wasn't making Ashton happy.

The older man got to his feet, "I'm going on a walk... If I don't come back it's because I'm at the bottom of the river with cement blocks tied around my ankles and a note in my pocket. Tell grandpa he can print my will out-"

"Don't be a drama queen. Deal with this like a man. You're not a child, I'm not going to treat you like one."

Ashton scoffed, "I HAVE FEELINGS TOO, MIKEY!" How could he not take him seriously? It seemed like a cruel thing to do.

"Stop acting like the victim here, Ashton. You cheated on ME." Michael retaliated.

***

Luke was impatiently tapping his foot. It had been twenty minutes. He was still stuck waiting on someone to pick him up. Calum checked his watch, what was taking them so long? Luke rested his head on his shoulder, yawning he spoke, "maybe there was a wreck?"

"I doubt it," Calum muttered. He was tempted to just walk the few miles home but he had been scolded for that on multiple occasions. It was the same routine every school day, go to the middle school and wait with Luke after school until someone shows up. "F this," Calum decided, pulling Luke by his hand as he led them home.

***

"Fine!" Michael exclaimed, "If you want to be spanked for this I don't care, but don't expect it to fix everything!"

  Ashton hugged the man. "Thank you thank you, I love you so much-"

"Um, no problem?" Michael patted his head feeling awkward.

The front door swung open, revealing Calum and Luke. "YOU IDIOTS!" Calum yelled. "Did you seriously forget about us?"

"It's only one pm..." Ashton said.

"Yeah... TWO HOURS AGO!" Calum raged, stomping up the stairs until he got to his room. Luke felt awkward with his parents so he followed his brother's actions, but with less noise.

"We are terrible parents," Ashton sighed.

  "How did I forget?" Michael groaned.

A/N: Whoa I didn't realize it was so late in the week already. I meant to update Monday but then my feelings were distracting me, stupid real life feels get me every time...

Quick question: What is the best way to get over being dumped?