Auradon World Building

Auradon's principal kingdoms are: the United Kingdom of Auradon (House of Burbon) Princess Rosabella, (Ben's sister) King Benjamin, and Queen Mal

King Christopher, Queen Cinderella, Crown Princess Alexandra, Princess Ashlynn Ella, Prince Chad, Princess Chloe, and Princess Mirabella live at Cinderellaburgh (House of Charming).

King David Queen Snow White/Mary Marget Crown Prince Neal Princess Apple White Charmington (House Charming)

King Phillip, Queen Aurora, Princess Audrey, and Crown Princess Briar are all members of the House Dornröschen.

King Eric, Queen Ariel, and Princess Melody of Westerly (House Oldenburg)

Queen Rapunzel, Prince Eugene, Princess Axelin, Holly, Poppy, and Princess Ruby are members of the Corona (House Sonnelict).

Camelot Heights (House Pendragon): King Arthur, Queen Hazel (in LOE, Arthur marries a human field Hazel the squirrel, thus the Guinevere/Lancelot nonsense is avoided.)

East Riding is Auradon City's constitutional republic region, not a local monarchy.

They are represented by the House of Royals in Auradon City.

Summerlands: no local monarchy; Auroria is an unorganized territory.

Agrabah: Sultana Jasmine, Prince Consort Aladdin, Crown Prince Aziz (graduated Auradon Prep)

For purposes of not making Ben's family that insanely powerful: Arendelle (the queendom from Frozen), Ghàidhealtachd (the kingdom from Brave), Maldovia (the kingdom from Princess and the Frog), and the Pridelands (the kingdom in The Lion King) are all separate kingdoms and are on separate land masses.

The UKA government is made up of three branches: monarchy, judiciary, and legislative.

The monarchy has the last say on everything, and there are no means to override a veto. They have the authority to make laws and decrees, but they are limited by their capacity to pay. The monarchy has three purses: personal, privy, and public. If the king issues an unpopular edict, they can still issue it, but they must pay for it out of their own money.

The judiciary is made up of the court system, with the monarchy having the final say on laws if they are inclined to intervene. If not, then the Royal Supreme Court of Appeals has the final say.

The Legislative is made up of three chambers: the House of Commons, the House of Lords, and the House of Royals.

House of Commons: Commoners are elected to represent the non-royal and non-noble population.

House of Lords: For non-royal nobility, positions are inherited, and the number depends on who currently holds a title. The King can create titles at will; if a new title is granted, then a new seat is created.

House of Royals: Lesser kings or queens are the second-highest power in Auradon. Their titles are mostly courtesy of the Treaty of Unification, which united the kingdoms to end the Fae Wars. The kingdoms must always have a royal representative. If the secondary monarchy has no issue, the throne and seat are transferred to a cadet branch, or the throne and land are transferred to another kingdom.

Laws originating in the House of Commons; the House of Lords can make changes, but if they do, then those changes must go back to the House of Commons for approval.

Once both the lower and upper houses approve a law, it goes to the House of Royals.

The House of Royals has absolute veto power if the laws concern their kingdom; it can only be overturned by the reigning King of Auradon, and it's never happened since King Adam respect kingdom rights. If the laws concern Auradon at large, then any changes they make go back to the House of Commons.

If the reigning King of Auradon has no issue or is deemed unfit by 90% of all three Chambers, then the next highest royal house will take over. If that royal house is unfit, then it keeps going down the line of succession.

The Throne of Auradon cannot be inherited by any royal line with monsters or magical blood, such as merpeople. Unless the royal family of Oldenburg is dethroned or the direct line from Eric dies, Westerly cannot inherit the throne of Auradon in perpetuity.

It's still being contested in the courts whether Queen Hazel is a supernatural creature or not. Their succession rights remain presumed