Way of the Ninja

(Be prepared. This is a long one).

It's been a while since I took Master Wu's offer and have been living with him in the Monastery. I have not only been given a place to live but I was also given new clothes. I had mainly worn long-sleeved shirts and pants to hide my.... They were mainly dark-colored so I could blend into the shadows. My new clothes were mainly black, a Gi to be more precised.

He has been teaching me the ancient art of Spinjitzu. The way of the Ninja. I honestly didn't mind the training, it was a good workout and pushed my limits. When I wasn't training I had been reading the books Wu had bought me. I had told him he didn't have to but he told me it was no big deal. I have also been learning to cook, as a way to thank Wu.

I look in the mirror as I pulled my long hair back and tie it into a braid. I look at myself and see that my eye bags had faded a bit. I was cleaner but I still was a little guarded. I have asked Wu as to what there is about me that was special. But he told me that the time will come.

I left the bathroom and walk down the halls as I head to the training ground. I slide the doors open and I see Master Wu standing in the center. Staff in hand and his back to me, he looks like he's thinking. I didn't know what to do. Should I say something or leave and give him some space.

"(Y/N)." I break out of my thoughts as I give my attention to Wu. He turns around to look at me, "I will be heading off." He says. "To where?" I ask him. "Ninjago will need all the help it can get. My brother will stop at nothing to obtain the Golden Weapons." That's another thing. After I had gotten situated in the Monastery, Wu had told me about his brother, Garmadon. How he was corrupted by evil and had wanted to use the Golden Weapons to turn Ninjago into his own image.

"So, you will be recruiting more students?" I ask. More students mean more people and I was nervous. "Not just any students. And while I may bring them here to train, you must remain hidden until it is time to meet." He tells me. I nod, "But, how will you know?" I question. "Sometimes, they are things you just know. Along with having a certain spark inside, such as yourself." He tells me, gently. I think a little about his words then look at him again nod.

After that, my training had come to use. Being able to use the shadows before joining Wu had definitely given me an advantage. He had gone off and found three students so far. The first is a muscular guy with raven hair and was more strength based. He is sarcastic, witty, and a little hard-headed. But is definitely more mature than the other two. The second one is less muscular, more lean, and had short reddish-brown hair. He was quick but had quite the mouth. He could go on and on for some time. And the last one is quite strange. He had a similar build to the one before but didn't understand phrases or humor. He had platinum blonde hair that stood up and, at times, takes things a little too literal.

They all had been trained and Wu told them to get prepared for a 'special mission'. He then gave me a signal to speak to him in private. After ensuring that we wouldn't be heard or seen, Wu and I talked. "There is only one more I need to find. And I know just where to locate them. Along with something to aid us." He says.

"Master, if you don't mind me asking, how are these guys going to help us, exactly? Other than there being more numbers." I ask him. "(Y/N), these individuals are connected to the Golden Weapons. They wield power they have yet to unlock and the weapons will help them to protect Ninjago. And you will help as well." He answers. "But what power do I possess?" I ask him, urgently. Wu sighs, "Believe me, I want to tell you, but now is not the time. I promise, you will know. Eventually." He gently lays a hand on my shoulder.

I inhale through my nose and breathe out. "Alright. But my patience can only hold out for so long." I tell him. He nods understandingly. Shortly after our talk, he set off to find the last individual to help look for the Golden Weapons and become a ninja. I did some training to keep myself busy and other times watch the boys.