Once Bitten, Twice Shy

(Here is the next chapter. Hope you like it.)

Things have been quiet the last few days. Ever since Zane found out about his identity and unlocked his true potential, we have not heard from the Serpentine. We also have not found any of the four Fangblades either. I still have those headaches along with hearing the woman's voice, but I have gotten better at handling the pain. I also have been testing my powers. Zane and I have gotten closer, mostly because we both know what it is like to feel lost and while he did regain his memories of where he came from and who his father is, I still don't know who my parents are. Another thing is I have been able to create crystal-like objects with my powers. Wu was onto something about how my connections with others have helped me better understand my powers.

Now what is happening currently is Nya has called for me and the guys to meet in the bridge. She and I have done some research on the snakes to hopefully find an advantage over them. And we have found something. Nya removes a cloth to reveal the thing on the table to be, "Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away." That. Nya explains as the guys sit on the opposite side of the table. "It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old." Nay explains as I watch the boys. Zane was the only one paying attention while the others... not so much. Kai was leaning back and fiddling with a pencil, Cole was painting a picture of himself doing an action pose, and Jay was staring at Nya with a lovesick expression. His hair is different too.

I then feel a nudge on my side, "(Y/N)." "Huh?" I  over look to see Nya looking at me, "I said, do you want to discuss about the remains and what we found out?" She asks me. "Oh. Oh! Right." I remember then clear my throat, "While it is long dead, there is still venom within the fangs, and as we know what Fangpyre venom can do, it be best to stay clear from them." I start as Nya uses a laser pointer to highlight the fangs. "Nya and I have learned that there is a way to stop and counter the effects of the venom without the need for the anti-venom within the lead Fangpyre's staff." I continue, not caring if some of the guys are not listening. I kind of enjoy this.

"By raising one's heart rate to a high speed, it could hypothetically reverse the effects of the venom. Thus resulting in..." I trail off as I glance at Nya, and find that she looks a little flushed with her cheeks being a bright pink. "Uh, Nya, you look a little flustered. Is everything okay?" I ask her. Nya sniffs but then she frowns and covers her nose, "Excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I am severely allergic to perfume." She says. I start to worry and focus my powers, making a mask for her to safely breathe. She gives me a thankful look as she takes deep breaths.

"Heh. You told me it was men's cologne." "Eh, I get them mixed up." I look over at the boys as Kai, Cole, and Zane laugh while Jay looks embarrassed. I just give them an unamused look and roll my eyes. Boys. "Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades." Cole declares, he and the guys getting up and gathering their things. "Sounds like a plan." "I'm excited to join." Kai and Zane agree. I roll my eyes but say nothing as I start to follow them, "Oh. The mask won't last forever. Jay, please wash yourself and refrain from using perfume again." I tease. Jay just groans, "You too, (Y/N)?" I just smile and exit out of the bridge, closing the door behind me.

However, I feel my powers spike and I close my eyes as I see Jay and Nya. But I shake my head and open my eyes. "No. This is something private and I should leave them alone." I say to myself then walk away from the bridge. Jay has feelings for Nya and I should not intrude on anyone's love life. Besides, it's about time he made a move.

Jay's P.O.V.

Finally. It's just me and Nya. No pressure except for the fact I wore perfume and not cologne. Heh. Okay. Keep it cool. I start walking towards Nya, "Uh.... Hey, Nya, I'm sorry." I apologize. "The reason I was- You know- I went to Kai because- Look," I sigh. Why must this be so difficult?! "What I'm trying to say is-" "I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes." Nya speaks and I see (Y/N)'s mask for her start to fade.