King of Shadows

(Another long one. Enjoy).

We were now on a ship, sailing through the icy waters to head to the location of the Shurikens of Ice. There were large glaciers and it was snowing, but it did not cool the irritation I had. Seriously, we are suppose to be a team and Mister 'my-sister-was-taken' just runs off and does things on his own. There are more important things right now. Besides, they would use her as an advantage rather than harm her. Otherwise, all bets are off.

"I spy something... white." I swear, if he says anything relating to ice again. "Could you try to be quiet for once? This ain't easy." I hear Cole, who was steering the ship. But then it rocked because we hit something. Cole quickly balanced it and we were sailing smoothly again. "I spy something rotten." Okay, that's it. "JAY. If you don't stay silent for five minutes, I will. Rip. Out. Your. Tongue." I warn him, my tone dangerously low. And I didn't hear anything out of him.

I hear Hot-Head make some noise and look to see him shivering. I roll my eyes. For being the 'Master of Fire' he sure gets cold easily. "I sense you are upset." I didn't even have to bother to guess who that is. "Wow. Congratulations. What do you want, a medal?" I sarcastically reply. "I do not believe that is how awards are given out." He says. I drop my head onto the ledge. "It's sarcasm, Zane." I mutter.

"Oh. My apologies. But what is it that has you feeling frustrated?" He asks. I inhale deeply and slowly raise my head. It's not fair that I'm taking my frustration out on him, he doesn't deserve it. "Okay, look, I'm sorry. It's just... there are pressing matters at hand. And I guess I was.... Uh, I don't know, annoyed?" I look at him. Only to be given a blank stare in return. "Okay, very annoyed. I just don't get why he doesn't understand that it's not just his sister at stake! There are countless families out there who could fall under the control of darkness or be killed! The people who could suffer from one small mistake that we cannot make." I rant.

It was quiet for a bit until I feel a hand on my shoulder. "When it comes to the ones we love, everything else does not seem to matter until they are safe." He says. I look down to the water, remaining quiet. "While there are many people with families, the ones close to our hearts are the ones we fight for. They are what drive us to protect them. And the home they, and we, live in." He explains. After that, he walks off and I still stare into the water.

Maybe the reason I was upset with Kai was because I couldn't understand. I never had a sister, or a brother. Or a mother, or a father. I never had any family. I look up to see Master Wu on the top of the ship's head. He gave me a home, but does that make us family? "The most powerful move in Spinjitzu can only be accomplished when all four elements are combined." I snap out of my thinking and give my attention to Master as he jumps onto the boat to be at level with us. "Earth. Ice. Fire. Lightning." He poses for each element. "Uh, what happens-" Jay pauses mid-sentence and looks to me, a little scared. I give him a blank look and gesture for him to continue. "Ahem. What happens when all of them are combined?" He asks. "The Tornado of Creation. The power to create something out of nothing." Master answers, making a cup of tea appear in his hands.

Kai starts spinning and doing some moves. I roll my eyes. "No, Kai. If done incorrectly it will lead to disastrous consequences." Master Wu warns. "Disastrous consequences? Right." He shrugs off. I look to find we are about to hit some land and quickly held on. We hit it and the boys fell on their backs. I look up to notice the sails coated in ice. Fascinating. "Uh, wasn't me." Cole defends. "Did I do that?" Kai questions. Really? "No, Flame Brain. We've reached our destination. The shurikens are just up ahead." I answer. "(Y/N) is correct. We are here." Master says. I look to see some gates made of ice leading to a gigantic mountain. The Shurikens are residing in there.

The boys and I walk to the mountain. We enter the place to see a bunch of skeletons frozen in ice. Must be the work of the dragon. "Whoa. Looks like someone has already been here." Cole comments. We look around some more until we spot the Shurikens of Ice. They were floating high above us and, of course, a dragon head is right above them. "The shurikens." Zane says. Jay and Kai hold up Cole as he helps Zane reach the shurikens, but right as he grabs them, he gets encased in ice. The place starts to fall apart as the dragon awakens. Cole jumps down, he, Kai, and Jay hold Zane as they run.