Double Trouble

(All right! Next chapter is up. I made a few changes, hope you don't mind. Anyway, let's hop in!)

After the whole thing with the pirates, the return of Destiny's Bounty, and Garmadon being back, we decided to take a day off which consisted of mostly sleeping. Honestly, we needed it. But only a day of relaxation then back to work. Right now, we are in Darreth's dojo as Lloyd concentrated on lighting a lightbulb with his powers. And it has been going.... Good. "Focus, Lloyd. Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up... harness it." Jay instructs him. "I understand." Lloyd says, focusing more on the lightbulb. "I am in control..." Lloyd says. But he focuses too hard and his hands start shaking. "Come on, Lloyd. You can do it." Jay says. But before I could say anything the lightbulb shatters. I summon a shield to protect myself from the glass. "Argh! Stupid light bulb! You're putting too much pressure on me. Let me have one more try." Lloyd says. I make my shield vanish as I frown in sympathy for Lloyd.

"Sorry, Lloyd, that was the last lightbulb." Kai says and Lloyd frowns looking down at all the shattered glass on the ground. "Clean up, Lloyd. We'll continue training tomorrow." Cole says, handing Lloyd a broom and Lloyd takes it aggressively from him and uses it on a punching bag. I decide to let Lloyd cool down as I walk over to the guys, being mindful of the glass. I hear Jay sigh, "What am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu? I can't seem to teach him to control his power." He says as I watch Lloyd accidentally hit himself with the broom. I wince a little at that. "You dare to defy the Green Ninja!" He says then goes back to beating the ever-living heck out of the bag. "Patience, Jay. Sometimes the greatest opponent we face is ourselves, and that's especially true of Lloyd. Remember where he came from." Master says as he and Jay walk pass us. I listen in on their conversation. "He's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light."

I frown at that. I look over at Lloyd and see him continue to punch the bag. It's not that he's the son of Lord Garmadon, it that he is a kid who is already having to carry too much on his shoulders. He was alone and before us, the only family he knew was of his father who is a corrupted, power-hungry overlord. I mean, I just found out a little of my father a few days back but I'm having to put that aside to focus on training Lloyd and protecting Ninjago. Man, is being a hero always this mentally draining? "Hey, guys!" "Hey, Nya." I jump as I break away from thoughts and look to see Nya as I hear the guys greet her. "Hey, Jay, wanna come by the auto body shop later?" Nya asks Jay. Wow. Nya asking Jay on a date. "Uh, the auto body shop?" Seriously? I close my eyes as rest my face in my hand. I don't even need my powers to know what they are feeling. And I don't want to.

I tune it out as I then remove my hand from my face as I resume watching Lloyd. "The Darkly School for Bad Boys?" Wait, what?" What's this about a school for bad boys?" I ask as I look over to see the guys group up with Jay, Master, and Nya. I walk over and stand beside Wu as I look at the letter in his hand. "Formerly bad boys. Since the last time we were there, they've changed to the Darkly School for Great Children." Wu explains. "Wait, they've turned good?" Kai says, I could hear the laughter in his voice as he seems unconvinced. "It says here there's going to a be a ceremony." Master says, reading the letter. "I love ceremonies. That means there's going to be cake." I roll my eyes, but smile at what Cole said. I'm not one to turn down food.

"Lloyd's change inspire them. Now they've invited Lloyd to give him an honorary degree in excellence." Master adds. But I can't help but feel a little skeptical. This sounds like some kind of conspiracy. I mean, kids can be smart. I then hear a shout and look back at Lloyd as I see him head-butt the punching bag. Okay, now he's only going to get himself hurt. I walk over and grab him by the shoulders to try and get him to stop. He groans and grunts as he tries to break free. "Lloyd. Enough."I state. He stops struggling as he lowers his arms and I feel him pant hard. "I know you want to control your powers and you're tired of waiting, but one thing about power is that you cannot force it. It needs to flow naturally and when it clicks, you will know." I tell him. He doesn't say anything but he then nods his head. I smile at him and give him a pat on the head.