Day of the Great Devourer

(Alright, had time and here it is! Hope you enjoy.)

We were too late. Pythor did it. He unleashed the Great Devourer. The Devourer's energy, it was like poison. I hated it. But when I saw Wu nod at us... It was him saying goodbye. But... I don't know how to say goodbye. And I didn't want to. Not when things were finally looking up. And yet, it was taken too soon.

Third Person P.O.V.

"You must do everything in your power to stop the Great Devourer. Go, ninja. Go!" Wu says to the Ninja. Nya grabs Lloyd and flies off. "Yes." Wu nods as she obeys. However, the Ninja remained where they are.the Great Devourer bursts from the ground as it slithers upward. It reaches high into the sky with lightning lighting the sky and thunder heard as the Devourer is freed. The Ninja back away as they watch it look down, directly at Pythor, who shivers in fear, and... Wu. It then flares its frill as it dives down roaring. Pythor screams while Wu only stands. The Devourer swallowing them whole.

The Ninja could only stand in shock at what they had seen. "Sensei." Kai says, shaking his head in disbelief. "No." Jay reaches out in a failed attempt to reach Wu. Cole and Zane only look to the ground in sadness while (Y/N) only looks at where Wu was. She could not process. She was frozen.

The Devourer then rises as it roars into the sky. It then looks down as it spots the Ninja. "Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still..." Jay whispers as he looks up at the giant snake. "Ruuuuuun!" Kai yells as Cole grabs (Y/N) as the boys run for their lives. Nya lowers the Bounty as it lands on the ground. The guys continue to run and (Y/N), having been placed on Cole's shoulder, watches the Devourer chase after them. She was still frozen as she did not move. The snake growls and hisses as it pursues the Ninja. Jay trips then falls as he then looks back at the Devourer growling at him, baring their huge fangs. "WAIT!!! Wait for me!" He screams as he then runs faster than he ever has before.

"Fire up the engines." Nay says as she looks over everything to make sure they can get away. Lloyd looks out the window as he sees the Ninja but also the Devourer get closer. Nya then runs to the wheel and looks back to see Lloyd still looking out the window. "I said fire up the engines!" She repeats louder and this snaps Lloyd out of his trance as he hops down and hurries over to position. "There's no wind. And we only have reserve fuel." Lloyd informs. "Use it!" Nya states, taking the wheel. The door to the bridge bursts open as Kai enters then Cole and Zane. They fall on the ground and Cole let go of (Y/N) and she hits the backside of her head, finally snapping her out of her frozen state. They all get up and Nya looks back as she notes that she only sees four.

Until Jay rolls in and lands in front of the big screen. He stands and looks at it, "Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in mirror are closer than they appear!" He says as the Devourer gets closer. "Working on it. Blasters on full." Nya says as the Bounty starts up and takes to the sky, jetting off right as the Devourer bites at it but misses. Barely. "Woo-Hoo! Take that, you stupid snake." Kai says as he sees the snake get further away. (Y/N) feels the same unwanted presence. "It's close." She mutters and right as she said that, the Devourer emerges from the ground. Right in front of the Bounty. "Uh, I think it heard you." Jay says. The Devourer roars and Nya makes a sharp turn to avoid it. The Devourer missing it once again.

"Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us." Kai says to his sister as he continues to watch the Devourer chase after them. "We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon." She says as they approach said destination. "Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent." Zane informs quickly. "Never tell me the odds!" Nya snaps. "It's coming in for another attack. Port side." Cole says and Nya turns the ship as the Devourer tries again to bite at them. "We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon." Lloyd says as he looks at a screen showing their losing altitude. "Throw everything overboard." "What?!?" The guys, Lloyd and (Y/N) all exclaim at Nya's order. "We need to lose some weight." Nya explains. "Port side!" Lloyd yells, and this time the Devourer bites off one of the thrusters.