𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋. an exquisite entrance

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 004 , an exquisite entrance

   It was awful. Nova had never missed any of this. Many would consider it a privilege, but she loathed it. It reminded her of the first time she was here. Sentenced to death.

Her stylist team was a different one from the one for her first games. It was an odd duo.

Gloria, a woman with fiery rose hair which was pinned up sat next to Nova and plucked her eyebrows with tweezers.

The woman's voice was shrill and she was giggling the whole time while exchanging the latest gossip with Calydio.

Calydio was a short man who's face was fully tattooed with golden clefs that accentuated his olive colored skin.

He gathered up the pile of empty lotions and hairsprays they had used to prep the girl from District Two.

Nova couldn't stand the two of them. Neither their overly happy manner nor the way they simply ignored the girl. As if she were air.

"Ouch. Can you focus already, please?" Nova complained, her nerves all over the place. Gloria had already plucked at Nova's skin for the second time instead of her brows, causing a reddish spot to appear.

"Stop whining, cutie. Don't you want to look pretty?" Gloria went back into a conversation with Calydio about the newest fashion trends, making Nova growing more annoyed, but she bit her tongue and swallowed the upcoming insults down.

Two hours later, the ordeal was finally finished and Nova felt like a rumpled chicken.

Gloria clapped her hands and smiled. "Now you're looking presentable."

The door opened and an elderly lady, perhaps around fifty, entered the room.

"Perla!" Nova felt relieved seeing a person she knew and actually could stand.

She quickly hushed the stylists out of the room.

The woman wore a golden robe with an elegant hem, covered with glimmering diamonds. Her eyes were covered with blue eye shadow and her lips shimmered in the light like stardust.

Nova threw her arms around the woman and hugged her tightly. "Hey Honey," Perla murmured, pressing a peck on the girl's cheek left and right.

"Look at you. You grew so much. I didn't think I'd ever see you here again."

"Me neither," Nova admitted, letting go of the elderly and picking her lips.

Perla had been Nova's stylist for the 69th Hunger Games. During that time, the lady had taken the little, then innocent, girl to her heart.

Perla knew she could express her sympathy to the young woman, but she also knew it wouldn't change the situation. Instead, she grinned wryly at Nova and pulled her along by the hand.

"Close your eyes."

Nova tilted her head. "Why?"

"Just do it."