𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇. none of it is real

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 018 , none of it is real

   In the blink of an eye, Nova found herself in a dark room. There was not a single source of light, everything was pitch black.

She raised her arms and carefully felt her way around in the dark. The air swirled around her fingers and enveloped her like a cloak.

A cold shiver ran down her spine when suddenly a shrill scream echoed through the darkness.

"Eryn!"

Nova ran through the darkness, following the fearful screams. Suddenly, the light above her flickered on.

In front of her was a large glass box connected from above to a huge plastic tube.

Inside the box was a young girl with frizzy brown hair. Her chocolate brown eyes were suffused with fear as she stood helplessly, her small hand pressed against the glass.

"I'm scared," she said in a shaky voice.

"It's okay. I'm here." Nova's eyes scanned the glass box looking for an entrance, or exit, as the case might rather be.

A rumble made the ground shake and water came out of the plastic tube at a rapid pace.

"Help me," Eryn pleaded. Her lower lip trembled in shock and her eyes were fixed on Nova.

Cold sweat ran down the back of her neck. "It's going to be all right. I'm going to get you out of this, Eryn. Hang in there."

In despair, she realized that the glass box was impassable from all sides. Nova banged her fists against the glass, but it did not give way. Not even a small scratch formed.

"No no no."

She continuously pounded against the glass, adrenaline coursing through her veins. Eryn began to cry, the water already reaching her waist.

"Help me. Why won't you help me?"

"I'm with you, Eryn. Be strong for just a little while longer, will you?" Nova ruffled frustrated through her hair and paced up and down.

Her thoughts were whirling around as she searched for a solution. She had less and less time, and if she didn't get Eryn out of there in time, she would drown.

The plastic tube. Through it flew the water.

With newfound hope, Nova looked up at the tube. She stepped up to the glass and tried to climb up, but her feet slipped on the smooth surface.

There was also nothing she could throw up to damage the pipe from her current vantage point.

The water rushed in her ears and drowned out the young girl's cries for help.

Nova punched and kicked the glass, tears wetting her cheeks. Her fists hurt badly as she screamed at the glass to break.

Meanwhile, the water filled the glass box all the way to the top and Eryn's big eyes were fixed on Nova.

At her reproachful look, Nova's heart sank even deeper.

"Fucking break!" she screamed, anger lingering deep in the fear.

Suddenly, Nova's hands slipped through the glass and she fell forward. The air rushed around her as she fell into the abyss.

Eryn's screams still echoed in her head, seemingly not wanting to leave her.