𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇. what is the truth?

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 015 , what is the truth?

   For hours Nova sat on the bed, her legs pulled against her body and her head resting on her knees.

She could not think clearly. Everything was messed up and she did not know what to feel.

Anger, because James didn't seem to believe her that she didn't know about the liberation of the tributes.

Hurt, because no one had let her in on the plan enough and she was now left in the dark without any guidance.

Betrayal, because the rebels left her behind, even though she was willing to put her own life on the line for Katniss Everdeen.

There were so many emotions at once, but one overrode them all. Confusion.

The heavy door squeaked as it opened. Nova lifted her head and flinched when she saw James standing there.

"The president wants to see you. Follow me."

Nova's heart hammered against her chest and her hands began to sweat. "Are you his personal ambassador now?"

When she received no answer, she stood up, but before she could run past James, he grabbed her arm.

"Give me your hands."

Nova's eyebrows furrowed and her eyes fell on the handcuffs in his hand. "Orders from President Snow," he said monotonously, making Nova roll her eyes.

"Not only personal ambassador, but lapdog as well?" James placed the handcuffs around Nova's wrists.

"Mhm. Kinky," she said bluntly. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to joke around in this situation, but it helped her calm her nerves. At least a little bit.

Then James led the young woman through the building. The walls were painted white, the sconces covered with shiny gemstones.

They walked past some peacekeepers, and one of them led an ashy blond boy down the hall. He looked worn out. He held his gaze low, quietly mumbling to himself.

Nova looked over her shoulder and realized that the boy was Peeta Mellark. She called out his name, but he was already out of earshot.

She couldn't think about it any further because she was unnecessarily harsh pushed into a room and the door closed abruptly behind her.

She was alone in the large room. Numerous pictures hung on the gray walls. Nova was walking along the wall, her fingers tracing the pictures, when one particular picture caught her eye.

In the picture was a girl, about twelve years old. She had straight blond hair with occasional dark strands. Her eyes shone an ice blue and small wrinkles formed around them as she grinned broadly.

She sat on President Snow's lap and together they held a white rose in the air. Snow was also smiling and showed his shining teeth.

They looked pretty similar. Perhaps related.

"Ah, Miss Jailey."

Nova lowered her hand from the picture and turned to the president. He had dark circles under his eyes and his beard was unkempt, as if he hadn't slept in a while.

"Please, sit down," he said calm, indicating a chair across from his desk.

She sat down and crossed her legs. She couldn't lie, his presence made her nervous. Especially after everything that happened.