𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇. shatters

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 014 , shatters

   Her honey eyes fluttered open. With a booming head, she squinted her eyes, attempting to sharpen the blurred images.

The light reflecting off the white walls was glaring and intensified her headache. Groaning, she closed her eyes again.

What happened?

Nova tried to remember, but everything in her head was messed up, pure chaos.

It felt like someone was hitting her head over and over again with a hammer and seemed to minimize her hearing, because the only thing she could hear was a continuous annoying beeping.

Is this what it felt like to be dead?

All she knew was that she was incredibly exhausted, her eyes heavy. Her breathing slowed and she gave in. The darkness took hold of her and dragged her back to dreamland.

The next time she opened her eyes the light was dimmer than before. It was quiet, the only sound her gasping breathing.

She slowly turned her head to the side and instinctively looked at her arm. There, where Cashmere had hit her with the knife, was a fresh bandage. Someone must've put it there a few hours ago.

Other than that, she found nothing else out of the ordinary except some healing scratches and all sorts of purple colored bruises.

Where was she?

Slowly, Nova sat up, her aching body protesting. She was on a wooden bed that was painted white. The paint was chipped in some places so that the brown wood showed through.

The room looked pretty large, but that could also be because there was hardly anything in it.

A small sink with a square mirror was to her right and that was the only thing. There was not even a window for some fresh air. A cold shower ran down her spine. She felt uncomfortable. More than that. She felt constricted.

Her gaze fell to the door. It was a thick metal door with a card lock which was needed in order to open the door.

Knocking aside the blanket, Nova got out of bed. Her feet coming into contact with the cold floor made her muscles cramp.

A sudden dizziness overtook the young woman and she was forced to sit down again, her hands gripping the sheets.

Her circulation was completely out of whack and she wondered how long she had been unconscious.

As she sat there with her feet dangling off the edge of the bed, she strained to think of the events that had happened.

She was in the arena. Peeta and she had found the place of the cut wire and split up to look for Katniss and Johanna.

Cashmere surprised and attacked her. Nova had killed her with her own weapon. James suddenly appeared. An explosion. That's it.

She did not know what happened after that.

In a second attempt to get up, everything went black before Nova's eyes. She continued walking as if nothing was wrong.

There was nothing in the room where she could fall over or run into anyway.

She blinked a few times. She was taking it slow. Lifting one foot after the other, as if she were a toddler taking their first steps.

Her legs felt numb, as if they were not hers, but mechanic robots. Yes, that's how Nova felt; like a robot.