𝗌𝗂𝗑. welcome to the show

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 006 , welcome to the show

   The next two days of training were pretty uneventful. With each passing day fewer tributes came to the large hall and preferred to spend their time in their apartments.

Nova couldn't blame them.

She would have preferred to just lay in the soft bed, snuggled in thick layers of blankets and sleeping the days off until the games would start, but Miles and Cece forced her out of bed and to be productive so she wouldn't suffocate in self-pity —  which Nova would actually prefer.

She had formed a small bond with Peeta Mellark, the Tribute from District Twelve, and without meaning to, Nova took him to her heart.

A fatal characteristic of hers. The brunette built up an emotional bond with the people around her far too quickly, such as the tributes she had to prepare for the arena.

Unlike Katniss Everdeen, her male tribute partner didn't seem quite as suspicious of the tribute from Two. He was fairly open towards her and told her stories about his family. How impulsive his mother was and how she showed physical abuse whenever the blonde did the smallest mistake.

The brunette hesitantly hugged the boy, because she wanted to let him know that he was a good soul and should not let his mother reduce him.

For Nova, family was the most important thing, so it hit her even harder that Peeta was treated this way, when he was only seventeen years old.

Peeta turned out to be a pretty kind boy with a smart brain. But she also knew that the boy was good at manipulation, for that she had seen him often enough at Caesar Flickerman's interviews and she noted that she had to be careful what she believed him and what not.

Today was the third and therefore last day of training. The twenty-four tributes sat in the dining hall and joked around about what they would do in their individual lesson.

There was literally everything. From singing and telling jokes to stripping in front of the game makers.

Nova sat between James and Beete, chewing nervously on her lower lip, her legs bouncing in anxiety.

In the individual lesson, each tribute had fifteen minutes to convince the game makers of their talents in order to get a score between one and twelve. But was it important to get a high score this time? Everyone already knew the strengths of the others anyway.

Nova didn't know what to do. She wanted to make a remarkable impression on the game makers, but how?

Coming from District Two made her turn approach quickly and soon James was leaving for his individual session.

Nova listened to the others talking, but did not join in anywhere. Johanna, the girl from District Seven, sat down in the empty seat next to her.

She placed a hand soothingly on Nova's legs, intending to stop their bouncing. "Any plan yet?"

"I don't know. I think I'll just go to sleep," Nova quipped, making Johanna snort. "That sounds just like you."