𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇. stay calm

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 016 , stay calm

   The next days passed slowly. Every day Nova was called back to President Snow's office for another questioning, but her answers were always the same.

What else was she supposed to say? She knew nothing, but he just wouldn't believe her. And it was tiring.

It quickly became boring in the plain room, which was probably more like a prison cell.

After three days of lying in bed, a peacekeeper came and brought her a card game, but it didn't do much for her since she didn't have a partner to play with.

Making the best of the situation, Nova built houses of cards. Every single day. It wasn't really interesting, but it was still better than staring holes in the ceiling.

She slowly lost track of time. The feeling of loneliness spread more and more inside her and threatened to engulf her.

Like the other days, Nova opened the box of cards and emptied it on the cold floor. She began to build a house from the cards, which she managed pretty quickly.

After all, she had enough time to practice the last few days.

The door opened and a breeze flew through the room, bringing down the house of cards.

Nova blew the air out through her nose and sank her hand, in which would have been the last card of the house.

"Come up behind me," a peacekeeper said. Nova straightened up, no motivation for another conversation with Snow. After all, it wouldn't do any good anyway.

When the peacekeeper suddenly turned left, Nova furrowed her eyebrows. Apparently there would be no visit to the president after all.

He led her into a kind of hall. It was separated into two parts, and she could not see the one in the back. Colorful light from the spotlights illuminated the room and soft music played through speakers.

Wide-eyed, Nova wandered around admiring the colorful lights and almost ran into the peacekeeper, who jerked to a halt.

Turning her attention forward, a boy caught Nova's eyes. He wore a white suit and his ash blond hair was coiffed so that not a single strand stood out.

"Peeta!"

The young woman ran up to the boy and threw her arms around his body. "Nova?"

His voice sounded surprised.

Nova broke away from him and searched his face for injuries, but a layer of makeup covered his skin.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

Peeta shook his head. "No. I was just questioned. Did you know about the outbreak?"

"No. I knew nothing," she admitted. "Why are we here? Why are you wearing that outfit?"

Peeta shrugged his shoulders, oblivious. "All I know is that I'm being interviewed, but I don't know why."