𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇. a rebellious act

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 007 , a rebellious act

   The next day, Nova was awakened by her preparation team. It was unusually quiet and no one said anything except when Nova was supposed to turn her head or raise her hand.

But Nova didn't complain one bit. She was tired of hearing their laughter or the Capitol's hottest gossip.

In silence, then, Gloria manicured the tributes fingernails while Calydio brushed her hair and put it together in a bun.

The two stylists avoided eye contact with Nova at all costs and suppressed their sobs.

After Nova was done with her makeup, manicure and hair, Gloria squatted down in front of her and took her hands in her own.

"It was an...," the woman interrupted herself, swallowing down tears. "It was an honor for us to make you look beautiful."

Then she couldn't hold it in any longer and burst into tears. "Come on," Calydio said sympathetically and left the room with the wreck of a woman.

Nova almost felt pity for the sight. What had happened to the overexcited, superficial, always gossiping stylists? It seemed as if they knew that she would not come back.

Her gaze slid to Perla, who managed to pull herself together. For Nova.

"So, what am I going to wear tonight?" Perla unzipped the bag and took out the dress.

It was a bit old-fashioned and consisted of two parts. The top was a silver corset studded with small lightning bolts. The corset made Nova's breasts stand out.

The bottom part was a long wine red skirt that reached to her ankles. It was made of silk and clung tightly around her waist, becoming poofy towards her legs.

The skirt consisted of several layers, one a little lighter the other a little darker shade of red. There was also an ivory faux fur that nestled around her shoulder girdle.

Perla attached noble jewelry to Nova. Silver elongated earrings, a necklace with a lightning charm and silver lace gloves.

Now she looked what the Capitol wanted her to be. Their sweet little princess.

"You look gorgeous," Perla mumbled, pulling a pair of high heels out of her bag.

Normally Nova hated to wear high heels since they made her feet sore, but these nestled like made for her around her feet and completed the princess look.

"Thank you. For everything."

Nova greeted Cece, Miles and James and together they walked to the elevator. James wore an elegant silver smoking and like Nova also a pair of lace gloves.

When the two arrived almost the tributes were already gathered and talking quietly to each other.

Nova wanted to join Finnick and Beetee while James sought out Cashmere and Gloss.

As she walked towards them, she noticed that Finnick couldn't take his eyes off her. He stood as if struck by lightning and his jaw dropped.