Chapter 18

Decided instead of making an extra long 6000-7000 word chapter, I'll just split this one in 2 cause I'm if I don't you'll probs get a WAYYY later update.

Tw for anxiety attack (at the beginning).

Will

There's no other way to describe it. The past couple days have been... weird...to say the least. With the confession, the quarry and the kiss taking place yesterday it feels like some sort of fever dream.

It's not tho. It's not a dream and I've finally come to recognise that. This is real. It's all real.

And, as me and Mike sit snuggled amongst each other on the couch I find myself stealing a moment to absorb it all.

My stomach ignites at the feeling of Mike's hair gently brushing against my finger tips as his head lies cozily over my lap. I find the tide of Mike's refined features pulling me in as his eyes remain transfixed on the tv screen.

His freckles that subtly pave his face are laced with a delicate blush that compliments his pale skin. My eyes drop down to perfectly arched nosed. Then his thoroughly tousled hair that carries an obscure sense of beauty with it.And then, his lips.

His soft, sultry lips. The lips I kissed . His lips. The lips that kissed me.

He kissed me. Not the other way round. He kissed me.

Shit, it really doesn't feel real. I suck in a sharp breath and allow my eyes to detach themselves from Mike's features as I look back towards the screen.

Ghostbusters. Of course. It's not like we are watching it for the 1000th time or anything. In all honesty, It's kind of cute. The idea of us watching it almost every movie night. It's our thing.

Our thing.

It's kind of  funny. The idea that me and Mike have a 'thing'. Whatever that 'thing' is. It's scary...It's exciting. And to think a few months ago I was convinced Mike would never talk to me again.
Huh, funny. I chuckle.

"What? What's so funny." Mike looks up at me in curiosity.

" Nothing. Nothing it's umm it's fine." I clear my throat allowing a slight smirk to remain subtly (but not so subtly) on my face.

"Fine. Fine be all mysterious." Mike concedes. "Oh and uhh by the way Lucas and Dustin are probably coming over today by the way." He casually adds.

Unease pummels through me: displacing the once so prevalent harmony that lay peacefully at my core.

"What?" My fingers tremble as I stop playing with Mike's hair.

"Heyy." He whines. "I liked the little head massage you were giving me before. It felt nice."

"What did you just say?" I ignore his childish comment.

"I like the little head massage you were giving me before?" He repeats in nescience.

"No- no before that." I roll my eyes still unable to cease myself from shuddering.

"Oh. Yeah. Lucas and Dustin are probably coming over today."

My breath hitches as my body glaciates at the confirmation.